Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Next MAC question - Mouse scroll speed

well..lovely mac book pro and i am getting used to the true windowed experience but..

My external mouse, ANY external mouse, seems to have a nasty little 'slow down' when doing very precise things..

so trying to do pixel perfect editing in PS often ends in my 'missing the target' due to the slow down that occurs when you start to physically slow you mouse movement down..

Its as if OSX is doubling the 'slowness' at very slow speeds whilst scrolling - erm... which means you have to move the mouse twice as far which is bloody annoying.. i have increased all the usual stuff in preferences to no avail.

I found a 3rdparty app called steermouse which seems to help.. kinda.. not perfect though.

Does anyone now of this or know a cure?
    i'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous

PS3 gamerTag = bigbill0_1 < Add me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Next MAC question - Mouse scroll speed

The Mac has always had a different acceleration model than windows.

There are lots of pieces of 3rd party software out there to change the model if you don't like Apple's implementation.

Google for Mouse Acceleration in OSX, top two links will be useful.
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

That site is the prime example of why I NEVER recommend Macs for people who have used Windows. I don't condone switchers, even though I have been a Mac user for over 20 years.

Too many people equate computers with "windows" and if something doesn't work the "windows way" it is wrong.
    Despite the Mac way of doing things quite often being based in the science of usability (well, for OS5,6,7 at least) Windows users always get stuck in the rut and have "it doesn't work" rants like the retard on that link.

I remember a "debate" with a prominent member of this forum over the multihoming of IP addresses to a computer. Despite the guy having his own business, and being well regarded on here, because he was a windows only guy - he flatly refused to believe a network card could have more than one IP address at a time, despite OSX and Linux offering this out of the box - simply because he had never seen it on windows. (He went on to create numerous threads about it, and even had the courtesy to tell me his whole office were laughing at me, and I'd never get past an interview with him - well, we had an office full of linux / mac heads laughing at him - and had DF been open to new members then, he might have been told that)

So I never recommend Macs to former windows users - that said - I've taken some 'older' people and given them macs because they could never "get on" to computers before (as in couldn't switch them on), and they are flying at them now.
    NtB
    We'll be coming...