Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    589

    Default Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Lowly Blackburn sack manager Ince


    Ince's side are second from bottom in the Premier League
    Blackburn have sacked manager Paul Ince after only three wins in 17 Premier League games left them languishing second bottom of the table.

    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    DF Jedi karlos130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toon
    Posts
    2,058
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Not suprising in this day and age though.TBH ive never rated the guy anyway and was quite shocked really when he took over for you guys.

    You were a good side till he took the reigns and then it was all downhill..hopefully you will get a better manager soon

  3. #3
    DF PwNagE beerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    29 Acacia Road
    Posts
    8,394
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked:        1,544
    Karma Level
    943

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    I don't know why clubs think taking on successful players as managers is a good idea. Playing and managing are two completely different roles. Surely you need to prove yourself first. He had a 40% win ratio at Maccelsfield Town and a 60% at MK Dons, hardly premiership manager material.

  4. #4
    DF PwNagE liveseytowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bristol, Unite
    Posts
    7,755
    Thanks
    494
    Thanked:        250
    Karma Level
    623

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Rovers will go down and Burnley will go up hahaha

  5. #5
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    589

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    Rovers will go down and Burnley will go up hahaha
    Livesey you can seriously FUCKOFF!!! haha
    Last edited by ant3b; 16th December 2008 at 01:15 PM.

  6. #6
    Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked:        11
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    I think City will disperse with Huges who will then toddle of back to Blackburn. Everybody happy

    Its just an observation but Utd seeem to be churning out some poor managers lately what with keano the other week and now Ince and possibly steve bruce next ?

  7. #7
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1120

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    Its just an observation but Utd seeem to be churning out some poor managers lately what with keano the other week and now Ince and possibly steve bruce next ?
    Keano took a side in danger of relegation to League 1 and got them into the Premiership. It was too big an achievement too soon. Same with Ince, given too much before he was ready IMO. Steve Bruce has proved a solid mid-table manager, nothing spectacular. Wigan look like a decent unit this year under his leadership.

    Not quite sure why you want to use the Ince thread into a slagging Utd thread. It has nothing to do with Utd at all, its the idiots that hire people who are unqualified to do the role. Quinn taking on Keane when they were at the bottom was a good move, but Keane couldn't cope with the pressures of top flight management because he had no experience. Ince needed another year or two in the lower leagues before he was given the chance at a higher levels. Bruce has been in management for 10 years now and finally looks like he has got the skills to do a decent job - incidentally the same number of years it was from when Bill Shankly started his managerial career until he took over at Liverpool. Still, its nice to see ex-United players trying to give something back to the game as opposed to being awful pundits

    The idiotic chairmen need to start realising that having been a great player does not under any circumstances mean you will be a great manager. Having worked under Alex Ferguson does not make you a great manager. Experience and proving yourself - albeit maybe as a no.2 - are what will make a great manager.

  8. #8
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    589

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    I think City will disperse with Huges who will then toddle of back to Blackburn. Everybody happy

    Its just an observation but Utd seeem to be churning out some poor managers lately what with keano the other week and now Ince and possibly steve bruce next ?
    t the best of my knowledge keane was not a bad manager at all. I think he thought that he could take them as far as they could. and left..

  9. #9
    DF Jedi chesser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,092
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked:        379
    Karma Level
    422

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    boards and supporters are too quick to make knee jerk judgements and sack managers very easily without giving them a real chance:

    Classic example Mr Ferguson wasn't he one game away from the sack if he hadn't won the FA Cup Final way back when??? I rest my case, sack the feckin Chairman they think they rule football!

    I reckon managers need at least 3 years to get established and get a youth system etc in place

  10. #10
    DF VIP Member GTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,669
    Thanks
    1,534
    Thanked:        2,163
    Karma Level
    1143

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Keano took a side in danger of relegation to League 1 and got them into the Premiership. It was too big an achievement too soon. Same with Ince, given too much before he was ready IMO. Steve Bruce has proved a solid mid-table manager, nothing spectacular. Wigan look like a decent unit this year under his leadership.

    Not quite sure why you want to use the Ince thread into a slagging Utd thread. It has nothing to do with Utd at all, its the idiots that hire people who are unqualified to do the role. Quinn taking on Keane when they were at the bottom was a good move, but Keane couldn't cope with the pressures of top flight management because he had no experience. Ince needed another year or two in the lower leagues before he was given the chance at a higher levels. Bruce has been in management for 10 years now and finally looks like he has got the skills to do a decent job - incidentally the same number of years it was from when Bill Shankly started his managerial career until he took over at Liverpool. Still, its nice to see ex-United players trying to give something back to the game as opposed to being awful pundits

    The idiotic chairmen need to start realising that having been a great player does not under any circumstances mean you will be a great manager. Having worked under Alex Ferguson does not make you a great manager. Experience and proving yourself - albeit maybe as a no.2 - are what will make a great manager.
    An interesting factoid - there are 20 managers or senior staff who have played under Fergie

    1. Paul Ince - Manchester United player, managing MK Dons
    2. Steve Bruce - Man United, Birmingham City
    3. Mark Hughes - Man United, Blackburn Rovers
    4. Roy Keane - Man United, Sunderland
    5. Gordon Strachan - Man United, Celtic
    6. Lauren Blanc - Man United, Bordeaux
    7. Bryan Robson - Man United, Sheffield United
    8. Steve Coppell - Man United, Reading
    9. Mark McGhee - Man United, Motherwell
    10. Ray Wilkins - Man United, formerly of QPR and Fulham
    11. Darren Ferguson - Man United, Peterborough
    12. Chris Casper - Man United, Bury
    13. Viv Anderson - Man United, Middlesbrough asst manager
    14. Brian McClair - Man United, Manchester United Youth
    15. Chris Turner - Man United, Hartlepool Director of Sport
    16. Brian Carey - Man United, Wrexham coaching staff
    17. Brian Kidd - Man United, Sheffield United asst manager
    18. David Moyes - Aberdeen, Everton
    19. Gary Peters - Aberdeen, Shrewsbury
    20. Mick Wadsworth - Aberdeen, Gretna asst manager
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet"
    -Abraham Lincoln

  11. #11
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1120

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    An interesting factoid - there are 20 managers or senior staff who have played under Fergie

    1. Paul Ince - Manchester United player, managing MK Dons
    2. Steve Bruce - Man United, Birmingham City
    3. Mark Hughes - Man United, Blackburn Rovers
    4. Roy Keane - Man United, Sunderland
    5. Gordon Strachan - Man United, Celtic
    6. Lauren Blanc - Man United, Bordeaux
    7. Bryan Robson - Man United, Sheffield United
    8. Steve Coppell - Man United, Reading
    9. Mark McGhee - Man United, Motherwell
    10. Ray Wilkins - Man United, formerly of QPR and Fulham
    11. Darren Ferguson - Man United, Peterborough
    12. Chris Casper - Man United, Bury
    13. Viv Anderson - Man United, Middlesbrough asst manager
    14. Brian McClair - Man United, Manchester United Youth
    15. Chris Turner - Man United, Hartlepool Director of Sport
    16. Brian Carey - Man United, Wrexham coaching staff
    17. Brian Kidd - Man United, Sheffield United asst manager
    18. David Moyes - Aberdeen, Everton
    19. Gary Peters - Aberdeen, Shrewsbury
    20. Mick Wadsworth - Aberdeen, Gretna asst manager
    An impressive, if slightly outdated, list there. I'd be interested to know if any other manager has spawned such a list. There's also a few others missed:

    Ole Gunnar is managing the United Reserve side. If you're going to include Brian Kidd, who never played under Ferguson, you could also include Steve McLaren and Mick Phelan, United's current Assistant Manager. Jesper Blomqvist is a player-coach for a 2nd string Swedish side, Alex McLeish is managing Birmingham, Mark Robins at Rotherham, Henning Berg is at Lillestrom (as from Jan 1st next year anyway). I'm guessing there may be others too - of your list above I would never have got the last two - people who maybe didn't play so many games and you wouldn't associate with United. Would be interesting to find out a conclusive list.

  12. #12
    DF PiMP petedalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    england
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    145

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    you've either got it or you havent, take souness...superb player, shite manager

  13. #13
    Banned russbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ormskirk, NW
    Posts
    9,622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    I reckon managers need at least 3 years to get established and get a youth system etc in place
    How long has McAllister been managing you guys? He's a whisker away from the boot too isn't he?

  14. #14
    DF Jedi Argyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,841
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked:        19
    Karma Level
    306

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Fergie was sacked by St. Mirren back in the 70's before successfully building a team from nothing at Aberdeen.

    I agreee with BBK, too many managers aren't getting enough experience in the lower league's before advancing on to bigger things. I believe Martin O'Neil was offered various premiership jobs when he was managing Wycombe Wanderers and he turned every one down stating he needed more experience first.

    Just because Ince got the sack doesn't mean he won't come back at some point to be a better manager. God imagine if Fergie had walked away after the St.Mirren job.................I wonder.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

  15. #15
    Banned russbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ormskirk, NW
    Posts
    9,622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    have you seen Ince recently though while they were playing? He really looks quite confused and lost!

  16. #16
    DF Jedi chesser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,092
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked:        379
    Karma Level
    422

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    How long has McAllister been managing you guys? He's a whisker away from the boot too isn't he?
    Not long over a year no probs there juts a bad run, rather get it out of the way now before the run in ;-)

    Macca is fine well liked and respected, likes to get it down and play which isn't always the best way to get out of league one....we'll see

  17. #17
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    589

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    have you seen Ince recently though while they were playing? He really looks quite confused and lost!

    Russbeer. I have watched them play obviously. His decisions amuse me.. against Wigan. he ended up with David dunn up front and jason roberts on the right wing and matty derbyshire on the left. Two strikers on the wings and a midfielder up front?

  18. #18
    Banned russbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ormskirk, NW
    Posts
    9,622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked:        1
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    theres a quote on the bbc saying they want a replacement in very very soon... and they are looking at Souness.



    they should get Big Sam!!

  19. #19
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    589

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    souness is fav apparentley

  20. #20
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1120

    Default Re: Ince Sacked as Blackburn Boss

    Souness will win Blackburn relegation! The guy's about as good as Bryan Robson FFS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [UK News] Tony Blackburn Sacked by the BBC
    By BigBird in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th February 2016, 07:59 PM
  2. Paul Ince @ MK Dons
    By brumbino in forum Football
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th July 2009, 05:42 AM
  3. Bye Mr.Ince
    By alfadel in forum Football
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th December 2008, 01:12 AM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •