Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    DF Jedi brumbino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,884
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked:        32
    Karma Level
    373

    Question Am I Going to Hell?

    Don't you think its quite ironic how disabled people demand equality, yet complain when they don't have their own parking spaces.

  2. #2
    DF Super Moderator
    Nibb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    16,860
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked:        1,106
    Karma Level
    2090

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Not this old chestnut....yeah its a fucker having legs aint it m8!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday — what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

  3. #3
    Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    2,511
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked:        495
    Karma Level
    372

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Tell me about it.
    I'm due to start a £2.5mil refurb of a high street next year.
    We have to make sure we comply with the relevant disability regs and I have no issue with that,
    but because of the layout changes, I've had to relocate some of the existing disabled parking bays by about 30 yards.

    Fucking hell - the amount of grief I've had from the "disabled lobbyists" is unbelievable - miserable cunts.
    Never mind that the area at the moment is a dangerous shithole, all they care about is being able to park right outside the post office, the chippy and the bookies.

  4. #4
    DF Jedi CominAtcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,194
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked:        133
    Karma Level
    400

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    I remember singing the chorus to Careless Whisper in a Supermarket once a few years back, only to turn around and have a woman in a wheel chair staring menacingly at me.

    I went very red and moved swiftly into the next aisle.

    True story.

  5. #5
    DF Jedi Argyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,841
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked:        19
    Karma Level
    305

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Well for one thing they don't claim to be equal they are are equal except for lack of mobility. As a Transport Planner I regularly have to allocate additional spaces for disabled parking bays. My friend is disabled and is wheelchair bound, I see him struggling with everyday things that we take for granted. I'm sorry but I can't see where your coming from.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

  6. #6
    DF PwNagE casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    sat on my arse
    Posts
    7,400
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked:        276
    Karma Level
    888

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    i just wish all car parks had bigger spaces, they dont realise in places like asda and morrisons etc that cars are bigger than they used to be, a space that 30yrs ago fit a ford anglia now has to house a nissan navara and they just dont fit, i think the reason people who arent disabled want to park in them isnt them being lasy (although sometimes it is) they just dont want their car damaging by people hitting their doors as they open theirs, or trollys being inched down the side between 2 cars as theres no way through lines of cars only around

    personally i park as far from the entrance as i can then my car stays 'parking ding' free, its a bit of a pain in the rain and snow but its worth it

  7. #7
    DF Jedi blacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,877
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked:        265
    Karma Level
    482

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post

    Fucking hell - the amount of grief I've had from the "disabled lobbyists" is unbelievable - miserable cunts.
    Never mind that the area at the moment is a dangerous shithole, all they care about is being able to park right outside the post office, the chippy and the bookies.
    That's because they're all on disabilitey for being fat bastards and go from collecting their benefits to the bookies and then have a nice lunch.... (btw this was a joke aimed at fat bastard scroungers not properly disabled people)

  8. #8
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1120

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    That's because they're all on disabilitey for being fat bastards and go from collecting their benefits to the bookies and then have a nice lunch.... (btw this was a joke aimed at fat bastard scroungers not properly disabled people)
    where do I sign up???? Im a fat bastard NOT scrounging, I'm doing something wrong here!

    In all seriousness, the parking pisses me off. If I, as a fat cunt with 5 kids can walk, and make the kids walk, why the hell can't all other able-bodied people and leave those that NEED the additional space / ideal parking positions for those that really need them? Is it really so much of an effort?

  9. #9
    DF Wh0re Vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked:        0
    Karma Level
    132

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    lol, yep ... your going to hell!

  10. #10
    DF Jedi c0axial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    M44
    Posts
    1,417
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked:        120
    Karma Level
    312

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Were all going too Hell, Supposedly.. Do Your Feet Burn when you enter a place of God.. then YES

  11. #11
    DF God BBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    12,422
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    1120

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by c0axial View Post
    Were all going too Hell, Supposedly.. Do Your Feet Burn when you enter a place of God.. then YES
    my feet don't burn, but I do find my eyelids getting mysteriously heavy, and before I know it I'm fast asleep

  12. #12
    DF Jedi Mr.James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    town
    Posts
    4,263
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        406
    Karma Level
    529

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    Tell me about it.
    I'm due to start a £2.5mil refurb of a high street next year.
    We have to make sure we comply with the relevant disability regs ...
    They had to do that at our work. We built a 3 story building with no elevator and building inspectors stated that we had to have a disabled toilet on every other floor.

    So we refitted the gents on the 2nd floor for wheel chair access...

  13. #13
    DF Jedi Argyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,841
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked:        19
    Karma Level
    305

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    They had to do that at our work. We built a 3 story building with no elevator and building inspectors stated that we had to have a disabled toilet on every other floor.

    So we refitted the gents on the 2nd floor for wheel chair access...
    Hmmm that's clever. Bet your company is going places...................not!
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

  14. #14
    DF VIP Member
    B B Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Belfast, UK
    Posts
    19,254
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked:        379
    Karma Level
    2030

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    disabled parking spots should be exactly what they are only for people thats disabled ( not dla spongers) but wheelchair bound, or walk on sticks etc..
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 


  15. #15
    DF Super Moderator Ganty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    9,211
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked:        582
    Karma Level
    1188

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    They had to do that at our work. We built a 3 story building with no elevator and building inspectors stated that we had to have a disabled toilet on every other floor.

    So we refitted the gents on the 2nd floor for wheel chair access...
    The fact you find that amusing says a lot about your character

  16. #16
    DF Moderator Little John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    6,514
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked:        376
    Karma Level
    925

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Disabled spaces are great, I always use them when I take my Gran shopping even though she doesnt like me useing them. I also park outside the bank every other thursday in a bus stop when I take her for her pension. She has a blue badge and insists she is ok to walk from the carpark at Tesco to the TSB on Bolton Road in Walkden the fact she is out of breath by the time we get to the post office and we need to stop 2 or 3 times in each direction for her to get her breath. so I park outside the bank.

    She is 80 somthing years old and hates not being able to walk as far as she could when she was 20 but she didnt have arthritis back then or 80 somthing year old bones and joints
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

  17. #17
    DF Jedi lloydi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Beccles
    Posts
    3,996
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked:        510
    Karma Level
    438

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    problem I have is when their spaces are full they feel they have a right to park in a parent child space in the supermarket the coonts.

  18. #18
    DF Jedi Mr.James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    town
    Posts
    4,263
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked:        406
    Karma Level
    529

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    The fact you find that amusing says a lot about your character
    I'm laughing at them not with them.

  19. #19
    DF Super Moderator Ganty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    9,211
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked:        582
    Karma Level
    1188

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    I'm laughing at them not with them.
    Yet you wrote...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr James
    So WE refitted the gents...

  20. #20
    DF VIP Member stevo25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    grim north
    Posts
    3,313
    Thanks
    1,354
    Thanked:        681
    Karma Level
    425

    Default Re: Am I Going to Hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    Disabled spaces are great, I always use them when I take my Gran shopping even though she doesnt like me useing them. I also park outside the bank every other thursday in a bus stop when I take her for her pension. She has a blue badge and insists she is ok to walk from the carpark at Tesco to the TSB on Bolton Road in Walkden the fact she is out of breath by the time we get to the post office and we need to stop 2 or 3 times in each direction for her to get her breath. so I park outside the bank.

    She is 80 somthing years old and hates not being able to walk as far as she could when she was 20 but she didnt have arthritis back then or 80 somthing year old bones and joints
    i know it well my brother lives near there and its miles to walk especially past alll the scrotes at tescos, mcd's and subway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. were the hell am i
    By RJC-eight in forum Introduce Yourself (New Members)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th June 2007, 07:37 PM
  2. Go to Hell!!
    By Shotgunjim in forum The Comedy Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th November 2004, 02:08 PM
  3. Who the hell is it
    By death_squad in forum Unlocking Questions & Solutions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th March 2004, 04:18 PM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •