i bought a new battery for the acer aspire one and just thought id share some images of it, when i got the acer it had the std 3 cell battery which lasted a little short of 2hrs on ubuntu and a little over 2hrs on xp,

you'll have to pardon the quality i took them on my iphone and its not the best quality camera ive took them with the origional so you can see the difference in size

2 things, 1 the battery is huge and weighs as much as the netbook lol, and 2, i got the 7800mah battery ive included a couple of screen grabs of the battery meter just to show how its going while in use, its not been charged more than twice so far so its not conditioned yet so there may be a bit more life to come from it but i doubt it'll be much

i didnt get it off ebay due to the delivery charges (24.99 delivery on top of the battery worked out about £70) instead i got it off amazon for £59.99 with £4.50 delivery i ordered it on a sunday and it was delivered by tuesday

Replacement Extended Battery for Acer Aspire One: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

over all id say its worth it ive had it a week or maybe a bit more and its been charged twice ive not had more than 9hrs of use out of it irrespective what the battery meter says, saying that the wifi is on all the time and the brightness set to the lowest level, the fan was running with the aao fan control but ive changed that to use the a1ctrl program since and although the fan isnt set to kick in till the temp hits 65 degrees, it lets you set the cpu speed to 800mhz or dynamic (i went with the 800mhz to eek more out of the battery)