Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Woman causes crash due to texting

Proof, If any more were needed, that women shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Fatal crash driver 'was texting'

A driver sent and received more than 20 text messages on the journey which ended in her hitting and killing a stationary motorist, a court has heard.
    Philippa Curtis, of Suffolk, hit the back of Victoria McBryde's car at 70mph (113km/h) on the M40 in Oxfordshire.
    Ms McBryde, 24, from Northamptonshire, suffered a fatal brain injury.
    Ms Curtis, 21, told Oxford Crown Court she thought you could use a phone when driving "in the right conditions". She denies death by dangerous driving.

I didn't think I should be chatting away when manoeuvring roundabouts, but in the right conditions
    Philippa Curtis, defendant
    Ms Curtis, of Icklingham, in Bury St Edmunds, had been on her way to stay with her boyfriend in Oxford.
    She said she would have probably "slowed down" to send the messages on 20 November last year.
    The court heard Curtis had made the two-hour journey to Oxford on a dark evening when the roads were wet and after a shift at a restaurant in Suffolk.
    The waitress, who told the court she had been "hyper" as she set off at 2100 GMT, made various calls and sent text messages to a number of friends using predictive text on her flip-top phone.
    As she arrived in Oxford she made a call to her boyfriend which, she claims, did not go through.
    She then dialled a taxi firm so she could arrange an onward journey from a park-and-ride.
    Car spun
    But shortly after making the call, she hit a Peugeot 106 belonging to Victoria McBryde, who had stopped to deal with a burst tyre.
    Ms Mcbryde's car was forced off the carriageway and ended up on the concrete.
    Ms Curtis, who only suffered an arm injury, spun into oncoming traffic hitting two more vehicles, a white van and an Asda lorry, the court heard.
    But giving evidence, the 21-year-old said she had felt there were times when using a phone while driving was acceptable.
    She told the court: "I didn't think I should be chatting away when manoeuvring roundabouts, but in the right conditions..."
    Prosecutor Alan Blake replied: "In the right conditions on the M40 at 70mph?"
    She added: "I probably would have slowed down."
    She also told the court she could send and receive messages without taking her eyes off the road.
    The trial continues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7790336.stm
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Woman causes crash due to texting

What a fucking stupid bitch.

She's no better than a murderer the fucking retarded mongol cunt. Texting whilst driving? That has to be far fucking worse than talking on the phone whilst driving and I fucking hate people doing that.

I saw one stupid fucked semen experiment talking on her phone with her young daughter in the passenger seat of her car with no seatbelt during a regular check of my rear view mirror. I pulled into a different lane and let her past. I didn't want her daughter sprawled over my rear window because I would have stamped her mothers fucking head into the ground until there was nothing left of it.

I hope they throw the book at this bitch and she gets locked away for a very long time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Texting death crash woman jailed
    Philippa Curtis
    Curtis told the court it could be acceptable to drive and use a phone

A motorist who sent and received more than 20 text messages before she crashed into another car killing its driver has been jailed for 21 months.

Philippa Curtis, 21, from Suffolk, was texting before she hit the back of a stationary car at 70mph on the A40 near Wheatley in Oxfordshire.

Victoria McBryde from Northamptonshire, who was dealing with a burst tyre, was killed in the crash in November 2007.

Curtis, of Bury St Edmunds, was also given a three-year driving ban.

Judge Julian Hall said it had been "folly and madness" to use a phone while driving and it had been "disastrous" for Curtis, Ms McBryde and her family.

'Various calls'

Curtis, who was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving in December, had told Oxford Crown Court she felt there were times when using a phone while driving was acceptable.

During the trial the defendant, a waitress, said she had been "hyper" as she set off on her two-hour journey on 20 November, 2007.

She had made various calls and sent text messages to a number of friends using predictive text.

Shortly after making a call, her car hit Ms McBryde's parked Peugeot 106, then spun into oncoming traffic, hitting two more vehicles.

I can't really describe in words how bad I actually feel
    Philippa Curtis, defendant

Ms McBryde, 24, from Horton, who had stopped to deal with a burst tyre, suffered a fatal brain injury in the crash.

Curtis, who suffered an arm injury, spun into oncoming traffic, hit two more vehicles, a white van and an Asda lorry, the court heard.

She admitted sending text messages while driving, but denied using her mobile phone at the time of the collision.

"I can't really describe in words how bad I actually feel," Curtis told the court.

"I just feel awful that I was involved and I can't really imagine how the family must feel."

Judge Hall said he hoped the case would send out a warning to other drivers not to use their phones when behind the wheel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7865114.stm

Texting at 70mph, fooking nuts.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

She fucking deserves it. There should be a law that if you crash on the motorway (like twice in a year) and its your fault..you should have to do your test again..the amount of times i've been stuck in traffic due to some dosey fuck :@:@:@:@

Thanks
    Karma Level

70mph on the A40 is slow, unfortunately for her this is the case and she is still alive

Thanks
    Karma Level

21 months

Thanks
    Karma Level

Silly cunt seems to have a serious phone addiction
    Spoiler:

Philippa Curtis on her way to court
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin