Close

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Rottweilers almost sever postman's arm

there needs to be someting done about these dogs

Rottweilers almost sever postman's arm

Angry rottweiler like those who attacked postman on his Christmas round

Aftermath: Cop cars at scene of the attack, described by witnesses as 'horrific'

The mansion where the postie was savaged by dogs

Entance to the property (pic : Masons)

Hero builder Anthony Lunn who took the two dogs on

Dogs' owner, packing firm boss Robert Stewart

A postman had his arm nearly ripped off in a frenzied attack by two Rottweiler guard dogs as he delivered Christmas cards.
    Keith Davies, 54, was savaged outside a £1.3million mansion in an exclusive area of Cambridge.
    He was only saved when brave builder Anthony Lunn, 44, fought the dogs off with an iron bar – before they then turned on him.
    Anthony retreated to his van and ran over one of the beasts to keep it from ripping at Mr Davies.
    Father-of-two Anthony, who was visiting a former customer on the street, was alerted to the attack by his son, who heard Mr Davies’ screams.
    He said: “I ran over with an iron bar. When I approached, they both ran at me. I retreated to my van and ran one over. But every time I got out, the other dog came at me.
    “I got on the phone to the emergency services and kept revving the engine to distract the dog until it stopped mauling him. It eventually stopped, but after a long time.
    “He was in agony. The police said we saved his life. But I only did what anyone else would have.”
    Anthony said the dogs had burst through a magnetic side gate as Mr Davies was delivering letters.

Hero builder Anthony Lunn
    He went on: “It seems both dogs threw their full force against the magnetic gate and it flew open. He tried to run but the dogs lunged at him. By the time we reached him he was in a neighbour’s garden with one arm already half ripped off. I’m still in shock. It was just horrific.”
    Mr Davies, who was filling in for an injured pal, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s hospital. He has had two rounds of surgery.
    He was said to be in a stable condition and lucky his arm was not severed. An ambulance service spokesman said crews had been left ”traumatised”.
    Neighbours described Mr Davies' injuries as “horrific”, with severe bite wounds on his arms, back and legs.

The dogs’ owner, Robert Stewart, 43, is managing director of plastic bag firm Stevenage Packaging Limited. He lives with his wife Hilary, 43, and their two children in Trumpington. The family are thought to have been out at the time of Monday’s attack.
    Neighbour Eva Moffat, 88, said of the aftermath: ”I could see the poor man lying there. I’ve never seen the dogs before, they are usually kept off the street. I just hear them barking but I suppose that’s what they are there for – to scare people away.”
    A Royal Mail spokesman said: “Mr Davies is making steady progress. We are shocked by this and are investigating.”
    But Dave Joyce, national health and safety officer for the CWU, claimed it was still not clear if Mr Davies’ arm would be saved or whether he would work again.
    He said: “He had his arm nearly ripped clean off. He had six hours of surgery. He suffered nerve and tendon damage. He has a great big hole in his arm. We don’t know whether they are going to save his arm. Mr Davies and his family are traumatised.
    “We don’t know what long-term psychological damage he will suffer. We don’t know whether he’ll be able to work as a postman again.
    “It’s hard to imagine the terror he must have gone through.”
    Mr Joyce also praised the bravery of Mr Lunn, adding: “He probably saved Mr Davies’ life. It could have been fatal. That man deserves some sort of commendation.”
    Mr Davies, who lives in Royston, has been a postman in Cambridge for five years.
    A police spokeswoman confirmed both Rottweilers had been sent for destruction. She said: ”Officers will be looking to speak to the postman. They are trying to ascertain whether the road on which he was attacked was a private or public lane.”
    Mr Stewart could face prosecution for having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
    Mr Stewart was unavailable for comment yesterday.
    Animals bred as guards
    Rottweilers are an ancient breed believed to have developed as guard dogs from Roman cattle dogs.
    By the early 1900s they became associated with policing, and are still used by German and Danish forces. Males weigh up to 10 stone, and the breed usually lives for between nine and 12 years.
    Bad publicity has led to calls for Rottweillers to be banned in this country. However, they are not one of the four breeds outlawed by the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act.
    Experts maintain that they make good pets, but accept they need specific training.

Source:http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/12/23/r...5875-20992646/
    Last edited by Mickey; 24th December 2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: taking out advert

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Rottweilers almost sever postman's arm

The dogs if well looked after are OK but in the wrong hands they can be lethal. I think for dangerous dogs you should have a licence so they can be controlled better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds nasty bad owners not bad dogs.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I GOT A ROTTY AND BELIEVE ME IF HE DON,T KNOW YA UR IN TROUBLE-HORRIBLE LITTLE BASTARD I TELL THEE

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    The dogs if well looked after are OK but in the wrong hands they can be lethal. I think for dangerous dogs you should have a licence so they can be controlled better.
    They are not on the Dangerous dog list

Quote Originally Posted by diablos View Post
    Sounds nasty bad owners not bad dogs.
    Well said.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Karma for doing his rounds so late probably.

Owner needs a kick in, met a couple rotts and they've been good as gold.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rottweilers are nasty fuckers. My mates one turned on me once. it wouldn't stop having a go so it got a 6 iron in its mouth. I broke 4 of its teeth before it learnt its lesson!!

Hope the postie gets big compensation from the douchebag who left them outside unattended.

Thanks
    Karma Level

poor postman. should get a big pay out, dog will be put down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    dog will be put down.

Already has. Both of em, says so in the OP.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If the postie was following company rules and regulations his walking pace would have been far too quick for the dogs to catch him in the first place.

Poor chap.