Close

Thread: Ipod Touch 2.2

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apple Ipod Touch 2.2

just got one as present i was wondering if the 2.2 can be jailbreaked and if so is there any links how to jail break it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ipod Touch 2.2

As far as I am aware at present there is no way to hack the 2nd gen itouch sorry. First gen 2.2 has been jailbreaked.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Apple Re: Ipod Touch 2.2

The iPod Touch 2G is quite a bit different from other models and as of yet there is no known jailbreaks for it (although there is plenty of Youtube *fake* vids around)

What is the difference?
    The iPod Touch 2G has WTF 2.0, or what we dubbed as “DFU 2.0″, burned into the bootrom. It can no longer understand IMG2 files, so no sending old files and using old exploits, or using the 8900 parsing bug. Now, it can understand IMG3 files. Here is the kicker: IMG3 files are written to NOR the way they are right now, as in, with the container and everything. This means that the bootrom exploit that allowed Pwnage v1.0 and Pwnage v2.0 to work is gone, because now the bootrom will signature check LLB and refuse to boot it if it is patched. If the LLB is not patched, then it will definitely not boot a patched iBoot, and if iBoot is patched, it will definitely not boot a patched kernel, and if the kernel is not patched, then it will definitely not boot any unsigned Applications such as Cydia or Installer because of codesign checks.
    Even if we are somehow able to decrypt the firmware files and patch them, then re-encrypt them, it is still no good. The bootrom will be able to now see, “oh, this LLB is patched, I refuse to boot it!”, and then the device just goes straight to DFU mode.

Oh no! I can’t haz jailbreak?!
    Well, a jailbreak is still possible, The boot sequence’s chain of trust is much tighter now, or rather, it is what it probably should have been in the first place. Anyway, even though the bootrom signature checks LLB, and there is no way around that, there may be some kind of bug in the signature checking routine, as with the 8900 routine. Another possibility that would probably not last long is a muchmuch higher level exploit, one in the kernel, that would allow the codesign mechanism to be tricked into running homebrew code.

http://code.google.com/p/chronicdev/

Thanks
    Karma Level

i found a site where you could down load free apps but when sending them to ipod touch with itunes they appear on the itouch but they dont work could this be the signature checks kracken.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by daxster View Post
    i found a site where you could down load free apps but when sending them to ipod touch with itunes they appear on the itouch but they dont work could this be the signature checks kracken.
    You need to have the iPod Touch "jailbroken" to allow the user to run arbitrarily defined code on a "DRM-encumbered device" as well as "break out" of chroot-like restrictions , allowing the execut1on of arbitrary code.

As of yet , "no can do" with iPod Touch 2nd Generation