Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

TV Bullet In The Face

Eddie Izzard has swapped comedy for crime for his new controversial series, which is being branded as one of the most violent shows ever seen on TV.

The British comedian plays an American mob boss in new U.S. drama Bullet In The Face.

With a name like that, you should expect a certain level of violence - and they certainly don't disappoint.

Blood spattered: Eddie Izzard stars as a crime boss in controversial IFC show Bullet in the Face

The six part series which is being broadcast on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) in the U.S is soaked with blood, featuring high-octane action and it appears highly violent content

Izzard plays a reclusive mob boss who is obsessed with snow globes, and in one hard-hitting scene beats a man to death.

His mobster rival Racken is played by veteran action actor and brother of Oscar-winning actress Julia, Eric Roberts.

Violent: Izzard's reclusive crime boss beats a man to death in one hard-hitting scene

Controversial: Critics have dubbed it one of the most violent shows ever seen on TV

The series, which is influenced by violent graphic novels and European cinema, focuses on a criminal called Gunter Vogler, who is played by Max Williams.

He is shot by his lover, but awakens with the new face of a dead police officer.

It aired in the U.S last night, and some critics has already called it "one of the freshest and most original series of 2012'.

Loaded with violence: Eric Roberts plays a rival crime boss

Gruelling: Just one of the many violent scenes in the series, which is receiving high praise from critics following its debut in the U.S. last night

It's written by Alan Spencer, creator of the 1980s police spoof Sledge Hammer!
    The Independent Film Channel (IFC) is an American cable TV network that airs independent film and TV shows.

Speaking about his new role, Izzard told Buzzine Bollywood.com: 'Quite a lot was scripted, but some parts were improvised. I did want to drive the character around to some unusual places – that he was a maniac, a megalomaniac, if nothing else – and I just sort of cruised around.

'I mean, I like to play characters who've got determination, because I think I've got that. It's some part of my psychological makeup that I like playing roles like that, and it links them together.

'...but I wanted him to be rooted in being someone who actually was the weird kid in school, whom nobody really trusted and nobody talked to. He was kind of brilliant, but also lost the plot a bit, like any dictator you could name.'

Unusual hobby: When his character is not killing people he collects snow globes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1AZ1d5lOc

Source

Looks good Dunno about debut last night tho, there's three of the six episodes available in the usual places.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bullet In The Face

Just finished watching all six of these and it was one of the most over the top, brilliant shows i have seen. So funny and so many witty one liners!

Thanks to chocy

I Black Belt (25th August 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not a fan of his straight stuff. . . not for me.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never heard of it, will see if I can grab the episodes as it seems worth a watch cheers.