Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Retailers that SHOULD be shut down because they are cnuts.

This is part 2 to my original thread, now what retailers SHOULD be shut down and why?

My thoughts are:

United Carpets, for being total cunts when we are all skint and putting adverts on telly advertising yet another "sale". what they dont fuckin tell you is that the carpets were the same price the week before that, and the week before that and so on... they never have a true sale. Someone needs to ram that £2.99 stain resistant burber carpet up the franchises chairmans ass.

DFS: for the same reasons as above but they get the annoying ads on telly saying "must end monday" what moneday are they on about? monday in 30 years time? everything ends monday. i can see the boss of this store being the talk of the house. his wife asks him for sex and he comes out with "we will start tonight but it must end monday" with 30% EXTRA OFF.

Cash Converters: simply because they are right cunts who rip people off. i used to work there and had first hand experience of it. I only worked there as i had my own business on a weekend selling consoles and games etc so i would get cheap stock from there. but some of the things i saw i could not believe. Peoples goods being swapped with faulty shop stock, staff using peoples goods that they had laid by (you get a bit of cash as a loan for your goods and the store puts them away for a short time - usually 1 month or so and when you pay them the brass back plus interest you get your goods back". I also saw them taking faulty goods to rival cash generators stores, i saw peoples jewellery going "missing". and when the ********** store shut down (lack of money, they went broke) all the gold and goods laid by mysteriously vanished.

Mcdonalds: why? for flouting the trading standards. when you look at a burger on the pictures they look sweet and plump ready to eat. when you get yours, especially a cheeseburger it looks like some fat cunt sat on it beforehand. PS: a tip for you, dont complain at a mcdonalds store because they have an unwritten code between staff that if anyone complains they get a free green vegetable in their burger (and im not talking about gurkins).

Carphone warehouse: simply for being ripping of merchants, selling dodgy, faulty and non existent stock (see my other threads for explanation) and for allways employing that same snecky asian manager who aint gonna do jack sh*t for you. ps: thats not being racist - this guy seems to follow me, he used to work in game and i had an argument with him there, then i had a problem in cpw and he was the manager there.

Netto's: simply because thats the second highest place you will find smackheads buying their Marshmellow tea cakes and half the local scum estate getting their monthly shopping for £7.92. You cant miss em, one shopping trolley between 16 people, mother and 15 kids all to different dads - its like a liquorice allsort day trip ffs.

i got loads more but my fingers are killing me, please post yours below.
    Last edited by Detector; 26th December 2008 at 07:59 PM.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Retailers that SHOULD be shut down because they are cnuts.

Only piki's shop in those places anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Interesting to know about Cash Converters, it'd be unfair to say it's the same at other stores but I suppose you never know.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't disagree with any specific point within that diatribe

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The staff in the local cash convertors all seem to be care in the community types or just look like paedos.. tbh they don't seem to be too clued up on prices with some things, I got a twin pack of those plug in mains network adapters kit for my brother for 9.99 (they were around 100 quid in maplins at the time). Last year , they had a few of those old analogue jerrold cft 2100 cables boxes on sale, you could look in the top vents and seen the mod chip

Anyway, I think the bbc has gone past it's sell by date personally, why can't they 'remind' people the over-priced license fee is soon due instead of demands and threats of a jail sentence when my current license hasn't even expired yet! cunts.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    Mcdonalds: why? for flouting the trading standards. when you look at a burger on the pictures they look sweet and plump ready to eat. when you get yours, especially a cheeseburger it looks like some fat cunt sat on it beforehand.
    Believe it or not, Trading Standards allow anybody advertising food to apply the "make up" to it before it is filmed/photographed to make it more appealing.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Believe it or not, Trading Standards allow anybody advertising food to apply the "make up" to it before it is filmed/photographed to make it more appealing.

this should not be allowed though, they should have to show a picture of the soggy flat farted thing they actually sell. but i guess a lot more people would not buy the crap. i do admit it still tastes good tho ;@)
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Burger King, bakers oven, KFC and subway for turning me into a fat bastard.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Starbucks for their extortionate pricing of coffee flavoured milk and the fact that they waste millions of gallons of water each day
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao Re: Retailers that SHOULD be shut down because they are cnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    The staff in the local cash convertors all seem to be care in the community types or just look like paedos.. .

LOL leave tristan alone, (T2K1) he has been rehabilitated
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

well...you know the solution....dont shop there..
    But you know how short peoples memories are..they`ll moan about a product they bought at a certain store and moan about the service they recieved etc...but when it comes to buying a replacement..if the same store sells that item cheaper than anyone else,they`ll buy it there...then they`ll moan about the product ..and moan about the service...etc, and on and on....

In todays market, the buyer is king...so get out there and spend some of that hard earned money..but remember..you have a choice where to splash your cash..always ask for a discount..they can only say no..and if they do..tell them you`re off somewhere else....happy shopping!!!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If anyone is thinking of buying from Amazon i would be very careful at the minute as they have mega problems.

I ordered £40 of dvd's from their website around 17th december, now im an amazon prime member that is supposed to get FREE one day delivery.

The w*nkers sent my order out via royal mail 1st class which is not guaranteed 1 day delivery and im still waiting for it to come. when i comnplained they said that they had sent it via royal mail "premium" lol mail which translated as being 1st class and they also said this is usually a 1 day delivery which is bollox.
    Im still waiting for my goods, they lied to me by stating they would give me 1 day delivery. the pillocks even sent it when they knew full well there was a royal mail strike on. what sort of company is this?

they also sent it unrecorded so i cannot find out where the package is., im 2 main presents down and had to do some explaining over xmas.

ive cancelled my prime membership and i recommend anyone else do the same. they are charging silly money for EXACTLY the same service!!
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

as for macdonalds i no somone who works in a place where there meat comes from and apparently the meat u get in the burgers is ment to be good quality beef.

but i still dont eat there, and no i dont work there either.
    Signature Removed: Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

1) Cash Converters (Extorsionate Prices) - (Mate sold a CD player to them for £25 - was on sale for £100 next day)
    2) Littlewoods (Removing codes they have honored at checkout)
    3) Barclays Bank (Charging me £22 for going less than £1 over my limit)
    4) KFC (For Employing complete morons - Never had an order right yet)
    5) Digital Forums (For getting me in trouble for sitting on here all night long)

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thing is cnuts like United Carpets and dfs never have any proper sales and instead have a fooking sale every week. its wrong and should not be allowed, im sure trading standards should look into it as the prices are allways the same.

Go into your local united carpets and write down their prices one week, then go into the same store a month later, the sale will be a different one (different colours but still offering 75% off). but all the prices will be the same as the month earlier. Its all a ploy to get gullable people into the stores in the hope that they "dont miss the sale".

When we need carpets we allways go to a local carpet dealer who is independant and we get a better deal and better carpets. one thing about united carpets is that the majority of their cheaper "sale" carpets are from china and india and the carpet is very sparse to say the least. if you go to a store, bend the carpet a bit and you can see to the hessian backing very easily. our local dealer has carpet so tightly packed it is very hard to see the backing.

its our own fault for feeding these greedy unscrupulous companies.

Ill give you a good bit of advice for the next 2-3 years ahead, DO NOT GIVE ANY MAJOR COMPANY ANY LARGE DEPOSITS!! whatever they say.

If they wont take a small deposit and pay the rest cash on delivery then avoid like the plague, companies with nothing to fear wont mind waiting for the brass because they know they can deliver. When a company wants all of it up front they unless you pay by VISA then you have hardly ANY chance of getting your money back.

Insist on paying a small deposit and the rest cash or cheque on delivery that way you dont lose too much if they go under. because ill tell you one thing they are cunts most of the major retailers, if they are in trouble they will still keep on taking your money and even when they know that they are shutting down will still take money right up until the day before shutting.

Dont let them rip you off. if you do it could be months before you get anything back and in fact you moght only get a small % of what you laid out.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally I would love all the starbucks/pret a manger/eat/etc places to shut and small local independants replace them. Around london that is virtually your only choice of food - over priced sandwiches filled with a clash of pretentious sounding ingredients.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post

Ill give you a good bit of advice for the next 2-3 years ahead, DO NOT GIVE ANY MAJOR COMPANY ANY LARGE DEPOSITS!! whatever they say.
    I would say that people shouldn't go paying extra money for extended warranties and 3 or 4 year cover on the likes of home products, PC hardware/software support etc. from any company either. Won't be worth the paper it's written on if the retailer goes under.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

any company that is french

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Retailers that SHOULD be shut down because they are cnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    I would say that people shouldn't go paying extra money for extended warranties and 3 or 4 year cover on the likes of home products, PC hardware/software support etc. from any company either. Won't be worth the paper it's written on if the retailer goes under.

I would tend to agree, however i recently had to claim on my comet warranty 8 months before it expires and i got a nice new panasonic 50" freesat hd tv, simply because i dropped my old tv 13 times down the stairs, by accident. so they can be worth the money in fact our gert goes through more irons than anyone i know, im sure shes shagging them. we have replaced the family iron around 30 times. so the extended warranties are well worth the money.
    Lastly insurance companies generally do very well because the majority of customers dont claim a thing.

so i would echo the above post but just to add that they ARE worth the extra brass if you know what you are doing falling down 13 times via the stairs takes its toll on the family tv.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    Considering the bastards own about half of our Energy companies, I think that would fuck up christmas...
    north sea oil overtime beats money in french pockets any day...

i can deal with bad hair till we find a uk hair gel supplier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast