I have a LiteOn SH-16A7S drive fitted to my system which is (XP SP3, Asus P5N-E SLI 650i) connected to a SATA connection on the motherboard.

I burn 360 ISO files to dual layer discs, originally I used Aone discs and had read errors on the 360 - I was suggested to try Verbatims so I picked up a 25 pack of Verbs and each one of those worked perfect.

I went to the shop and picked up another packet of Verbs though these ones are slightly different, they are "Paper" rather than branded Verbs - I think they're known as printable discs?

Anyways, when I put one of these discs in the drive it just spins and clicks and the burning softwares all report the media is corrupt - If I pop a standard DVD-R in the drive thats picked up fine (As does one of the previously written Verbs). I tried the discs in another drive and they're picked up fine.

Problem I have is I binned the sleve for the discs and also the receipt so I more than likely can't return them - but is there something I'm missing? I can't find a firmware update for the drive ... I also disabled the Daemon emulated drive in Device Manager.

Any help appreciated - could it be a duff drive? I don't have another to test.

Thanks, Chris.