Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Nostalgia for Thatcher

Do me a fucking favour and fuck off. I'm hearing it more and more and more. Fuck knows what it's going to be like when she finally shuffles off her mortal coil. I'd imagine that I'll be vomiting blood at the sound of all the 'strong lady', 'British Bulldog spirit' and 'didn't take any shit from anyone' noncebaggery while she's enjoying her first few days acclimatising to the heat in Hell.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nostalgia for Thatcher

She should be dumped in a landfill when she finally fucks off. No ceremony, no remembrance and no fucking eulogising.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There'll be a televised funeral, and a 100 Best Maggie Moments clip show on Channel 4.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if there is and no1 isnt the bitch dying its rigged,

Thanks
    Karma Level

ssshhh ffs you'll wake up the maggie fanboys with their pitbulls...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by casio View Post
    if there is and no1 isnt the bitch dying its rigged,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus, how come she isn't dead already? I think we should all be given the day off when she cops it... partys in the street in celebration

Thanks
    Karma Level

A lot of bitter people here, now come on guys if Simon Western isn't bitter theres no need for you to be.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    A lot of bitter people here, now come on guys if Simon Western isn't bitter theres no need for you to be.
    Well said, and with Tony and Gordon having done so well!
    They're all arseholes, it's part of the job description.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bitter about what? And it's Simon Weston by the way...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Although I have no real love for Thatcher, I feel that Tony Blair should go down in history as the far greater villain. One could say that at least she believed her own rhetoric and sense of purpose, whilst Blair knowingly and cynically lied to the British people. All the deaths in Iraq, Afghanistan and the whitewashes and abuses of power. The fact that the BBC was made to heel to this cabal of crooks and good people made to resign e.g. Greg Dyke, Andrew Gilligan, Gavyn Davies to make way for a more supine version of the Beeb, more in keeping with a ministry of propaganda.

At the end of the day much of the damage wrought by Thatcher could and should have been reversed by Labour in their 11 year term, to still blame the Tories for the rot is pretty feeble IMHO.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Although I have no real love for Thatcher, I feel that Tony Blair should go down in history as the far greater villain. One could say that at least she believed her own rhetoric and sense of purpose, whilst Blair knowingly and cynically lied to the British people. All the deaths in Iraq, Afghanistan and the whitewashes and abuses of power. The fact that the BBC was made to heel to this cabal of crooks and good people made to resign e.g. Greg Dyke, Andrew Gilligan, Gavyn Davies to make way for a more supine version of the Beeb, more in keeping with a ministry of propaganda.

At the end of the day much of the damage wrought by Thatcher could and should have been reversed by Labour in their 11 year term, to still blame the Tories for the rot is pretty feeble IMHO.
    I don't entirely disagree. The woman was, and still is a cunt though.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Maggie used to give me nightmares as a small child, and I thought her and the Queen where the same person.
    I certainly won't be shedding any tears when she dies.
    Lost my Godfather and many family friends in the Falklands, and had to grow up with my parents living with some of the policies the mad bitch put into place.
    Having said that all politicians are a bunch of cunts, and I wish as a nation we had more fucking balls and stood up to these bastards more often.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not sure whether it's even worth pointing out due to its patent obviousness, but it's not like the Conservatives wouldn't have hitched their wagon to the Neo-Con seppos themselves. Probably even more wholeheartedly, because, let's be fair, the Tories love a good war.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill View Post
    I'm not sure whether it's even worth pointing out due to its patent obviousness, but it's not like the Conservatives wouldn't have hitched their wagon to the Neo-Con seppos themselves. Probably even more wholeheartedly, because, let's be fair, the Tories love a good war.
    A very valid comment, however the sense of betrayal wouldn't have been so great since you know what you are getting with the Tories.
    What makes Blair so pathetic is the fact that Labour leader Harold Wilson, just 19 years post-WW II had no problem saying no to the Americans when it came to Vietnam. And yet some 60 years later Tony Blair capitulates to the Iraq war as if obligated by some sort of war debt.

The man is a snake, and I apologise to any snake owners offended by that.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am still shamed by the fact that as a younger man I voted for this woman. Thankfully I got away from the Tory suburban hell that I lived in and grew up - now realising that it doesn't matter who is in power, the secret (I believe) is that none of them are in power too long and therefore unable to make any decisions that really affect the country badly. It seems to me they are all unable to see the common sense solutions to resolving issues, so 5 years really should be long enough for any Government. In fact, I'd like to see us adopt a 4 year / 2 sittings situation like they have in the US, stopping any 1 person getting too power hungry, as both Thatcher and Blair since have become.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A very valid comment, however the sense of betrayal wouldn't have been so great since you know what you are getting with the Tories.
    What makes Blair so pathetic is the fact that Labour leader Harold Wilson, just 19 years post-WW II had no problem saying no to the Americans when it came to Vietnam. And yet some 60 years later Tony Blair capitulates to the Iraq war as if obligated by some sort of war debt.

The man is a snake, and I apologise to any snake owners offended by that.
    Oh, definitely. Good point. I'm all for making a bigger hole and throwing the pair of the cunts in.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Agree with most of it but she sent many hundreds to their deaths in the Falklands War when it could have been easily stopped months before. The fact of the matter is the SAS watched from an OP on a shipwreck just of the coast of Port Stanley as the Argentines invaded. They knew months in advance what the Argentines planned but done nothing about it. Of course you won't hear anything about this until the secrets are unveiled in about 50 years from now. And no I wasn't in the SAS but I know a few lads that were.

I could also go on about the miners strike where she let hundreds of thousands basically starve because she wouldn't budge. Of course the coal industry was fucked anyway but we still had about 20 years worth of coal in the seams. She could have easily phased in redundancies and re-skilled workers in an organised fashion but again the arrogant bitch wouldn't be seen to give in. She worried more about her standing than the subjects she governed.

And don't let me go on about the Timex factory in Dundee.......................... I know for a fact that Scotland as a nation would dance a jig on her grave....cunt!

Okay we are in a recession now but when the Tories were in power the intrest rate was something like 13%.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.