Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wii Smash Bros. Brawl advice

Hey guys, I have a problem with Smash Bros. Brawl I hope someone can help me out with. ( I can hear the groans now... )
    Firstly I do own the original, that may be the problem.
    I have a Wiikey v2 and I'am using a pal console which has 3.4E firmware.
    I just got my kids a Wii for Xmas and backed up all my games prior to giving it to them so they could destroy the backups and not the expensive originals.
    For the life of me I had a ton of trouble copying Smash Bros. Brawl, I used Verbatim discs, with and without the layer break, I used Frridump and Imgburn on various speeds.
    Anyway I did manage to get a backup going but you cant select Mario in any of the options as it automatically freezes the game and you have to do a console reboot if you want to play again.
    Just dont select Mario.
    Not sure why this is but it is.
    Now my problem.
    I read on a few other posts on other forums that if you have a chipped console you cant play the original of Smash Bros. Brawl as it can brick your system.
    Is this true or not?
    My kids want Mario, I paid $89 for the game so I'd like it to work but not at the expense of buggering up my console.
    And I cant make a true backup of the game.
    So any advice to whether this is fact or fiction would be greatly appreciated.. plus any tips on backing it up 100% would be great to as I've done just about everything suggested on every other forum to get it to work.
    thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Smash Bros. Brawl advice

Quote Originally Posted by Storm68 View Post
    I read on a few other posts on other forums that if you have a chipped console you cant play the original of Smash Bros. Brawl as it can brick your system.
    Is this true or not?
    My kids want Mario, I paid $89 for the game so I'd like it to work but not at the expense of buggering up my console.
    And I cant make a true backup of the game.
    So any advice to whether this is fact or fiction would be greatly appreciated.. plus any tips on backing it up 100% would be great to as I've done just about everything suggested on every other forum to get it to work.
    thanks
    I have this working on a chipped comsole, so what you read could well be total crap. Verbatim, IMGBurn, and set the layer break to 2084960. This is a PAL Wii 3.1E and a PAL copy. I didn't use Brickblocker on it as it was to be played on a PAL machine and it never asked to update the machine. I did try it with auto layer break but it failed to load. Can't help with the backing up, but at least you know it CAN be played on a chipped console.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Smash Bros. Brawl advice

I d/l a DVD5 version that runs fine through the Wiigator Gamma channel