A 19-year old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a mother-of-three was hit by a bottle thrown into a Manchester pub.

27 year-old Emma O'Kane & The Queen Anne Hotel

Emma O'Kane, 27, died after her neck was slashed by a shard of glass.
She was celebrating her partner's birthday at the Queen Anne Hotel where she used to work.
Police said a bottle was thrown by a man who had been refused entry and was arguing with doormen.
It apparently hit a pillar inside the bar and shattered.
Her distraught partner, 38-year old Michael Shepherd, decribed her as the love of his life, saying: "She really was an angel and now my soul mate's been taken away I wonder what we're all going to do without her."
Three children, Reece, six, Jack, two, and Ellie May, one, have lost their mother.
Leading the investigation, Detective Superintendent Peter Jackson appealed for information.

This tragic incident has left this woman's family devastated.
Detective Superintendent Peter Jackson

He said:"We are doing all we can to try and find who is responsible for this, but I'm appealing for anyone with any information to get in touch with us."
The victim's family was too upset to speak to reporters.
Helen Duncan was a neighbour of Ms O'Kane. She was in the bar at the time with her 18-year old son.
She said: "It all happened too quickly. All my son told me was it happened near the door. He looked over and Emma was lying in a pool of blood.
"He was under the impression her neck, her throat had been slashed. He saw all the blood."

A man lays flowers outside the Queen Anne hotel

The day after the attack, friends left flowers outside the pub.
One card left with the flowers read, "Emma, we will be thinking of you forever. You are my best friend always, Love and miss you."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...Pub_Manchester