Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Tories To Unveil Tax Cutting Plan

The Conservative Party is set to unveil a series of tax cuts as it reveals what it would do to help people hit by the looming recession.

George Osborne to fight back on the economy

The Tories have been branded the 'do nothing' party by Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
    In response, shadow chancellor George Osborne is set to outline a range of measures, which include reducing National Insurance, cutting income tax on savings and reducing the tax burden on those over 65.
    The Conservatives need momentum on the economy, as Mr Brown and Alistair Darling consistently lead David Cameron and Mr Osborne in polls which rate economic competence.
    In an interview for the Sunday Times, Mr Osborne insisted Labour's economic plans were turning Britain into the "sick man of Europe".
    He said it was particularly important for the Tories to tackle Mr Brown's proposed increase in National Insurance.
    He said: "My priority is to try to reverse the increase in National insurance because it is a tax that affects the vast majority of people in Britain.
    "It is a tax on jobs at a time of high unemployment. It is a tax on incomes at a time when people will be under severe strain."
    Mr Osborne is also promising help for savers and pensioners, groups who have suffered from the recent falls in interest rates.
    Tory insiders told the Sunday Times that one measure being considered was the abolition of income tax on savings, at an annual cost to the Treasury of around £2.4bn.
    The Conservatives are also looking at plans to increase the threshold which pensioners start paying tax.
    A Labour spokesman responded: "These are back-of-the-cigarette-packet plans which would result in massive cuts in public services."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol..._Reveals_Plans
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tories To Unveil Tax Cutting Plan

Doesn't that guy look like Mr Bean ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tories To Unveil Tax Cutting Plan

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Doesn't that guy look like Mr Bean ?
    I think Mr Bean would come up with a better policy. Tax cuts? Is he fucking nuts? I suspect not, just out of ideas..... This bunch of Tories really must be the most ineffective opposition the country has ever seen.