Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default currys 360 policy

does any know if currys have to change my 360 as its only 4 months old. it has already been changed twice before the 28day thingy.

whats happening now is that the laser has gone. any game i put in the drive gets the dirty disc message, but the games i've tried are brand new. i can only play games that are installed on to the hdd.

i had took it back to currys in november and they said there policy had changed due to m$ requesting that all 360's have to be returned to them for repair, i thought you get 12 month warranty with all electric goods.
    MY BROADBAND IS LIKE A FERRARI
    BUT FITTED WITH A ROBIN RELIANT ENGINE
    LOOKS GOOD BUT GOES NOWHERE!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: currys 360 policy

Quote Originally Posted by normanji View Post
    does any know if currys have to change my 360 as its only 4 months old. it has already been changed twice before the 28day thingy.

whats happening now is that the laser has gone. any game i put in the drive gets the dirty disc message, but the games i've tried are brand new. i can only play games that are installed on to the hdd.

i had took it back to currys in november and they said there policy had changed due to m$ requesting that all 360's have to be returned to them for repair, i thought you get 12 month warranty with all electric goods.
    Your contract is with Currys as you bought from them, NOT MS. If it's under their store warranty, pop in store.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just been on phone to them while looking at trading standards web site, the currys guy gave me m$ phone number, so i asked who number it is he said m$ so i said i didn't buy it from m$ i bought it from you. he then said the warranty is with M$ not us. and put the phone down on me.
    MY BROADBAND IS LIKE A FERRARI
    BUT FITTED WITH A ROBIN RELIANT ENGINE
    LOOKS GOOD BUT GOES NOWHERE!!

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Propper cnuts trick that

Ring em up and ask for the store manager and report what has just happened

Thanks
    Karma Level

Indeed, your 1yr warranty is with Currys, not MS.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Asda tried this with me i had one month warranty left on the reciept and they went and fetched their store policy about making the customer deal direct with M$ but i stood there and just kept stating that my recipt is a legal 12 month waranty / contract with the store not M$ ..They gave me a full refund

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah,
    Argos tried that with me a while ago,
    I went through about 4 members of staff until the Manager with the trainee moustache and two o levels swapped it for me.
    His parting shot was to suggest that next time I went direct to MS
    My response was as you'd imagine

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah currys are cunts, but all they will do m8 iss sent it back FOR you, they wont personally change it

i had the same with currys, with atft monitor, they told me to sort it out myself, i stood there quoting the sale of goods act and my contract is with THEM not me, she said wel we will just contact them FOR you, i said thats fine just dont tell me so sort it myself

cunts
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep I had exactly the same with Argos last year. Stood my ground until manager got fed up with me and reluctantly swapped.

I think I remember it being up to 6 months, then you are legally obliged to a direct replacement. After that and up to 1 year its at shop's discretion. Best look at trading standards to get latest info.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have had loads back there and always an over the counter exchange !!
    Take it in store and demand its changed, google sale of goods act and quote it to them loudly and tell them the store policy states if faulty within 12 months a prompt and professional resolution which 21days to m$ is definatlely NOT
    Sale of good act key Facts:
    Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).
    • Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.
    • Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.
    • It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.
    • If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)
    • For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).
    • A purchaser who is a consumer, i.e. is not buying in the course of a business, can alternatively request a repair or replacement.
    • If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then the consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the good, or a full refund if the fault/s have meant they have enjoyed no benefit
    • In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years).
    • If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)
    • After six months and until the end of the six years, it is for the consumer to prove the lack of conformity.

3 red light was known about and m$ still sold 360's to customers
    Last edited by XBOX4LIFE; 28th December 2008 at 11:49 PM.