Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stupid 'Ridiculous' 999 calls revealed

'Ridiculous' 999 calls revealed

One man called 999 to complain about a pizza order

A priest dialled 999 when staff at Manchester Airport's WHSmith would not allow him to use the toilet, police have revealed.
    It was one of many "frivolous" calls made to Greater Manchester Police (GMP), which dealt with 5,000 emergency reports over Christmas.
    The force has urged the public not to dial 999 for "ridiculous" reasons.
    One woman complained she was unable to get through to Strictly Come Dancing to vote for Tom Chambers in the final.
    While a hoax caller reported Santa was breaking into a house with Rudolf.
    People calling 999 for non-emergencies and silly pranks can have a major impact on members of the public who need the police

Supt Karen Lee, Greater Manchester Police

Police also received a 999 call from a man who complained staff at a takeaway had wrongly put mushrooms on his pizza.
    Another caller dialled the number to ask for chemist opening times.
    Supt Karen Lee said: "I don't want a person to call 999 and be delayed because someone else is calling to report something that is not an emergency or, worse still, that is completely ridiculous and a deliberate joke.
    "People dialling 999 for non-emergency calls can put lives at risk because it could delay someone who really needs urgent help getting through."
    During the festive period officers have so far dealt with 72 hoax calls.
    With New Year's Eve the force's "busiest night", police have warned they do not want to have their time wasted. Supt Lee added: "People calling 999 for non-emergencies and silly pranks can have a major impact on members of the public who need the police." Last New Year GMP dealt with more than 3,000 emergency calls in six hours after midnight, and thousands more were taken on the force's non-emergency numbers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7801917.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 'Ridiculous' 999 calls revealed

I reckon they should introduce a 1000 hour community service punishment for these type of cunts and yes I did mean to type 1000 hours.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes these thick idiots should also be strung up and tortured, they dont deserve to be living and breathing

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

1000 hours of community service manning the 999 phone lines and listening to all the other muppets and their stupid phone calls would probably have an impact on the morons.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah or big fine because my anut who is bonkers like i mean really has a mental illness. and last night she was out in the street with a huge kitchen knife waving it about and threanting to kill people. luckily enough it was 4am and no one was about. but my dad phoned the police who's station is 200 yards from the incident but yet it took them 1hour and 15 mins to come. but she has now been taken away and im just glad no on was hurt

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    1000 hours of community service manning the 999 phone lines and listening to all the other muppets and their stupid phone calls would probably have an impact on the morons.

You think so mate ? Everytime the thick buggers heard a siren they'd want an ice cream.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    You think so mate ? Everytime the thick buggers heard a siren they'd want an ice cream.
    You watched the Morecambe & Wise prog as well this week then m8!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    I reckon they should introduce a 1000 hour community service punishment for these type of cunts and yes I did mean to type 1000 hours.
    The same should happen to people who call an ambulance just for a lift home.............and yes they do exist.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.