Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default country is dead!

I get laid off in november, cause the company lost a contract. the money was brilliant plus jo and finish!
    Know everyjob i apply for is either not looking or they say 'with the current credit climate everythings on hold'

JEEZ! all i want is a job, i hate being at home like a bum, im on jobcentre handouts and its crap, jobcentre wont help me with any courses, the course i want to do (tiling or autowindscreens) is again on hold and no work anyway!

There is no work in my area even for trade, just very very slow.

im not settling for retail work as i hate it and the money is atroshus! and im definatly not looking to be a chicken in a call centre

this world is shot, nothing is left in it anymore, where are we all heading! Banks wont touch me as my credit rating is mess right up, worse than poor so i cant even get a bloody overdraft let alone a loan to help start up a buisness!

i dunno, rant rant rant!
    Will this world ever get back on its feet

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: country is dead!

i hear you m8 , i had a cracking job but the whole place just shut up shop and moved abroad..

but, take what you can while looking cos you never know where it could lead,

doing nothing will lead to nothing......

if you see where i am coming from, keep trying m8 ......

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sound bit of advice there!
    Even abroad jobs are minimal, suprising what can happen in the finanical world!

Take up food! 100% profit!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Best bit of advice I can give is that a job makes another job. An employer will look more favourably on someone who already has a job rather than someone who has been unemployed for some time regardless of the job he has at the time.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey I was made redundant in April - yes fooking April - and still looking....recruitment agents a cunts be warned.
    IT people slash forward.

Also, lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by brumbino View Post
    Hey I was made redundant in April - yes fooking April - and still looking....recruitment agents a cunts be warned.

didnt you sort of shoot yourself in the foot, stab yerself in the back then fall into the messy hole you made..

was it you who moved companys only for the company you left to buy the company you moved to...

or have i got you mixed up with someone else m8...

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

£1.00 = €1.02 :emot63:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mrphil View Post

JEEZ! all i want is a job, i hate being at home like a bum, im on jobcentre handouts and its crap...

There is no work in my area...

im not settling for retail work as i hate it and the money is atroshus! and im definatly not looking to be a chicken in a call centre
    Can you see by my selective editing how that rant loses all credibility?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its still early days yeat m8.. try ur local collages and take a different course ie english maths or anything. might be boring but while ur waiting to get a job u could gain something out of it
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be harsh mate - hopefully it will be helpful.

I've seen loads of people refuse to get any job other than one in their field.....and watched them remain unemployed for months and months, racking up credit card bills, because they just won't entertain any other sort of job. During those months, they could have been stacking shelves for £5.73 an hour - ok, it's not great, but £5.73 an hour is better than £0 an hour.

Plus as already said, 'job gets a job'. The longer you're out of work, the deeper the chasm becomes. I would strongly suggest getting any old crap, just so that you're working. It won't be forvever.

Don't forget, things are going to get much worse in the job market before they get better

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

All depends on your circumstances flump.

Before i take a job id work out the weekly income and expenditure. Dole pay a rent and council tax (not sure on mortgages) plus any other things that dole help with. work out what you are better off by when you work and then make a decision on if the money is worth it.

A lad i worked with was on the agency and was on £6 a hour. Single in rented accommodation. after everything was taken into consideration he was better off working by about £40 a week. As he was agency he wasn't guaranteed a full week and if he didn't get them he didn't get paid. Cant sign on because he was getting work just sometimes not all week and wouldn't know till the night before if he had work.

He carried on working and ended up selling his car to pay bills. now he needs lifts or close by jobs and now doesnt bother working because its not worth it for him.

Id rather work because I get bored at home but thats just me.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

You knock Call Centre work, yet that's where I started ten years ago. From there I landed a different role as a result, which led to a few promotions and now I'm over half way towards my 100k salary target by 2010. It's not about the job you take up initially, it's about how able you are to either manipulate from the inside, work hard and honestly up the chain, or leverage what you have to get better positions. Nothing gets handed to you on a plate, you have to start at the bottom and work up I'm afraid.

It's your attitude which will decide whether you actually make something of yourself, and currently it's not looking good.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."