Just spent ages getting rid of this pile of shite off my main PC so thought I would post how I resolved it after spending a while on my laptop to look for a solution.

It makes your browser (Both my Firefox and IE) homepage blank as well as leaves you with none of your favourites in the bookmars folder, and whenever you type in a website manually, it redirects you to it's own 'buy this now' type of search engines.

I'm running TSR eset nod with latest updates as well as Zonealarm, neither picked it up, even when I did a full scan once I realised I was infected still didn't pick it up.

I tried to run spybot S&D, adaware and malware bytes and they just wouldn't run although they showed in the process list. I then thought 'safe mode' (win xp pro).. wouldn't load in safe mode, kept rebooting.

I downoaded an app called stopzilla on my lappy and transferred it to my PC which pointed to this infection, but being 'free' the fucker wanted me to pay to remove them, I made a note of the files and paths it found and ran regedit, and searched for anything starting with dstt that way, deleted all keys that referenced it and even without rebooting, I got my bookmarks and home page back.. I then fired up spybot with no trouble now, ran a scan and found and deleted the dll's etc. not in the registry (I couldn't even see them in the folder that stopzilla pointed to even though I've set things to show all) I tried a manual search with explorer to look for tdss but everytime I did that, my PC rebooted.

From googling, it's not really a new threat, but still a right pain.

Thought I'd post this as maybe help someone else.