Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Calls for 'speed-limiting' cars

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I would like to see 30mph stamped down heavily on, as this is where kids etc are killed. Of course it would never work, and people will always moan, like they do for speed cameras, which if you're not speeding, won't get you. How is that so bad?

How about teaching the little fuck knuckles to cross the road safely? That means that the stupid little cunts won't walk in front of a car driving perfectly within it's capabilities and that of the drivers - and then said driver gets fucked.

However I am all for being able to legally do 3 figures on motorways, it's about time that our traffic laws caught up with the real world and realised that speed doesn't kill, it only means that people will get places sooner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    I think first they need do away with all the country lanes being labelled up as National speed limit ie 60 MPH because its bollox. Most country lanes it isn't possible to safely drive more than 30-40 MPH but you can legally drive at 60.
    Have to say I've often wondered the same thing myself. There was one near us - only reason I can think it was one is that there were no real buildings around it but no way was it safe for everyone to do 60 all the way. Strange thing is they've made all that road 30 now except a stretch of around 400m that still is 60.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so don't know if I'm toe-stepping......

but, if the legal speed limit in this country is 70mph, then I don't see a problem with limiting cars to that speed. It is illegal for a car to do more than 70, so what's the point in it being able to do 130mph?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

But is the 70 limit really even really enforced these days? I've gone past coppers plenty of times between 70-100 and never been pulled.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    It is illegal for a car to do more than 70, so what's the point in it being able to do 130mph?
    The thing about that though is that the limits where introduced along time ago when all cars where shit. Stopping distances from a fucking maxi are still taught in the days of affordable supercars with breaking & handling to match.

Britain has one of the best road safety records in the world ( http://www.ukmotorists.com/speed%20limits.asp#top)

Most speed restrictions are out of date in this country. 70 is way too slow for a motorway, and 30 is way too fast for passing a school or shops etc.

Also, why the fuck are the speed cameras on pedestrian free dual carriage ways and not outside schools.
    Last edited by doughboy; 31st December 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bring back the horse and cart and lets see the government tax and dictate this one......

B
    Don't take life seriously. It isn't permanent.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

easy thing for them to do is wire some sort of sat nav into the electrics of the car.. the sat nav knows where u are and how hard would it be to include speeds of roads.. and what about roads the run alone motar way thats 30 and motar way 70 . well with the new lane assist its getting easier and easier to do it. just my thought.
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B B Leo View Post
    easy thing for them to do is wire some sort of sat nav into the electrics of the car.. the sat nav knows where u are and how hard would it be to include speeds of roads.. and what about roads the run alone motar way thats 30 and motar way 70 . well with the new lane assist its getting easier and easier to do it. just my thought.
    BBL....I think you should edit your last post as you may have given them ideas :-D

B

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Haven't read the rest of the thread, so don't know if I'm toe-stepping......

but, if the legal speed limit in this country is 70mph, then I don't see a problem with limiting cars to that speed. It is illegal for a car to do more than 70, so what's the point in it being able to do 130mph?
    So you're following some fuckwit who has been crawling along round all the roads and you hit a nice piece of dual carriageway and said fuckstick speeds up to 70mph - you can't get past yet when the section of dual carriageway goes back to single lanes other car slows down again?

Or if you're limited (physically) to 40mph in a 40 zone and similar happens, you're following a muppet who crawls round the bends but on straights floors it - it's just frustrating and makes overtaking more dangerous. Are you saying that you don't ever go above 70 and never exceed the speed limit whilst overtaking?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just had an idea, even though it would be exceedingly dangerous it would be fun. It involves lots of late braking and sharp acceleration. And through the frustration caused, that is exactly what legislation like this would lead too, along with more damage and more deaths.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    Just had an idea, even though it would be exceedingly dangerous it would be fun. It involves lots of late braking and sharp acceleration. And through the frustration caused, that is exactly what legislation like this would lead too, along with more damage and more deaths.
    The transition period would be lethal with some cars fitted and others not.

What about Foreigners here on holiday or truck driver from the continent ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly, it's a fucking stupid idea. I might despise 85% of other drivers who have no interest in cars/driving and see them/it as 'just transport' but they are usually the most dangerous people on the road. But watching the death toll escalate through this is a very grim thought. Even if it means I can get places without cunts in my way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just found this

Speed-limiting car tested.

here

B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12