Close

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Couple of questions regarding a dedicated host for a proxy website

A mate of mine has a proxy website and its hugging resources at the minute, we are thinking of getting a dedicated server for the proxy website to make it run a lot smoother can anyone recommend a good a well priced host?

also i dont know if anyone else has had any dealings either setting up a proxy website or hotlinking but im sure someone is linking to the proxy site and using its bandwidth, is there any way i can check this for him

thanks

det
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Couple of questions regarding a dedicated host for a proxy website

Sorry I can't remember details - but I'm sure someone on ehere posted a javascript or sumthing you could use so if peeps tried hotlinking your stuff they would end up being diverted to your site instead. Sorry all I can remember is I saw it, pretty sure it was on df and pretty sure it was within the last 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to have 2 dedi's with sentris.com and american company, there tech support was 2nd to none, if i created a ticket with a Low Priority Response Required it was answered as quick as a high priority response ticket, there servers always ran smoothly. 1 week i changed O/S about 3 times in 1 week and they didnt even fuss they just got on with it.(They install the OS for you).

servers are supposed to take 1/2 business days to setup, mine were both same day. i went with there own line "PCCW" which you get double bandwidth and it was just as quick as Level3. Also i was paying for dual core but they were quad core's, probly down to luck tho.

~d3xt0r

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to use the following for a long time till recently:
    http://vectoral.co.uk/

They are about the cheapest for Dedicated servers. The biggest problems are always the add-ons like Cpanel or Plesk etc. Then there's a server management company and whilst they only do Cpanel servers are brilliant and low cost:
    http://platinumservermanagement.com/

Maybe the above will meet what you are looking for?
    Michael

Thanks
    Karma Level

Defender Hosting
    Layered Tech

Thanks
    Karma Level

Clook.co.uk are a good UK host but more expensive than your normal budget servers.