Close

Thread: DVD trouble

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question DVD trouble

I have soft modded my Wii it has 3.3E firmware, and the Gamma Back Up launcher, I'm pretty sure it all works fine, but the one game I have to test at the moment, Mario Kart Wii is giving me issues, I have tried burning three times now on two machines using a unknown brand (old full face print) Ritek G05 and I get Dic could not be read errors, but I'm pretty sure everything is fine as when ejected it asks for the Mario Kart Disc to be inserted.

Is this purely a disc type issue, will I need a particular brand, I have seen posts about the verbatims, are these the best for Wii drives, or am I missing something.

Ok tried another game, Big Beach Sports, it boots fine, I set it to try and play a game, once I wanted to start is then stated there was a problem. What am I missing, is this a firmware issue, as it's confused me as the games are booting to a degree??
    Last edited by photek1000; 10th January 2009 at 05:44 PM.
    My blog on our attempts at growing vegetables on the allotment http://allotmentproject.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: DVD trouble

I use either Ritek G05 full face, Ritek G05 Sumvision Gold Tops or Taiyo Yuden G02 full face.
    I burn with either ImgBrun or Nero at 4x

I have had a couple of weak burns where the game has froze or crashed but I put that down to my Pioneer needing replacing.

Try a slower burn speed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found that my wii rejected any disk that was +R. But everything was fine on the asda -R's burned at 4x in imgburn.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My Wii isn't liking much at the moment, all the same media, so that's the common element at the moment, but burnt on two machines and varying speeds, some boot but then crash with Disc errors, some just sit in the drive making less than pleasant noises.

I have borrowed a known working game from a friend though on a Verb, and will try that tonight.

Anything else it could be or is it most likely the disc type and my Wii.
    My blog on our attempts at growing vegetables on the allotment http://allotmentproject.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Reading more and more as I go, do I have to run the Backup-creator.exe on any ISO I grab from usenet to make them compatible with the Backup Loader, or was that for the older loader (pre Gamma).

Cheers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You only have to patch games on pre gamma releases.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Success.......

After more of a read around, I updated the cIOS, not sure if it was needed but updated from differently sourced file, and used the WiiGator version of the Gamma loader, and now the game I had borrowed, Shaun White Snowboarding, and the Big Beach Sports work fine, Mario Kart still doesn't work or just sounds awful in the drive, so they maybe bad burns.

I have Samba Da Amigo (sp) to try when i get home, but I'm happy enough for now.