Close

Thread: Man Utd Tickets

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Man Utd Tickets

I'm sure I'm opening myself wide open to abuse here but..

I've just bought a couple of tickets for tomorrows match (ManU vs Wigan). Now the e-mail confirmation says they will be sent to my address unless otherwise stated (which it doesnt). I'm assuming I'll have to pick them up at Old Trafford, but from where and what do I need to take with me?

I've only been to a few matches over the years (cost, and the fact that weekend game tickets are rarer then rocking horse shit) and when ever I have I've bought them well in advance so I received them through the post.

Hopefully someone with more commitment to the club will be able to give me some advice.
    All sweeping statements are wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man Utd Tickets

You have to go to the ticket office and for ID you have to show the debit/credit card you paid with and of course the email you received.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ibobsy View Post
    You have to go to the ticket office and for ID you have to show the debit/credit card you paid with and of course the email you received.
    Nice one mate! Is the ticket office near when the shop and all that is?

Thanks
    Karma Level

as all home fans know the ticket office is on the M62 at junction 19.
    its there because all the home fans pass this on the way into Manchester

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by C3Grimmy View Post
    haha very good, not me though mate I take the A556 all the way in

(I am original from Salford though so I do have an excuse!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cenus_ View Post
    Nice one mate! Is the ticket office near when the shop and all that is?
    Yep that's the one,near the souvenir store.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pick them up at the ticket office then take them to the turnstile and work it out where to put your ticket in the slot or against the panel look for the green light and go in. Don't forget you can pass the ticket back to your mates and they will work again as the new system without manned turnstiles they think fans will not go in after presenting the ticket to the machine so as a fail safe the system allows tickets to open the turnstile twice.

How do I know? well my dad works on the turnstiles as the system doesn't work to start with they still need turnstile operators to check adults are not using kids tickets.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by C3Grimmy View Post
    What so your saying that most united fans come from up north and pass Middleton/Rochdale junction? Or do they just travel the fuckin long way round from dat dere london? cock

Most of the slots are turned off and just use the scanners now, well they are on W16 anyway I heard there are things in place to stop tickets being re-used but was not in effect until this year so dunno about that? Maybe its a thing for the future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are supposed to be changing it but, the fans are not reliable enough to go through the turnstile after presenting their ticket to the reader quickly enough. Automated turnstiles will not work without someone there keeping an eye on them all the time so why not make that person there do something and save the club money ensuring that everyone has a valid ticket. By valid I mean adult with an adult ticket an adult with a juvenile isn't valid for entry for an adult. I don't care if the club looses £20 or whatever the difference between an adult and a child is but it isn't fair on the other 60000 adults who have paid the full price.

Thats how I do the turnstiles at the Reebok considering the price of a juvenile season ticket is £50 for the season an adult one is a few hundred 3 maybe 4 I'm not sure if they get in every match on a kids ticket they save a small fortune and it isn't fair on those that pay the full price. At the Reebok the turnstile operator can decide to let them in or not the automated systems can't differentiate between adults or kids.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i can see there being a problem when an adult goes in as a child but I cant see much going wrong when blokes pass their tickets back for mates. After all, theres only so many seats, and at grounds like OT theyre often all sold out, so you'll get people stood in the gangways... which the stewards shouldnt allow.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

The ticket (and membership) office is actually the other side of the ground to the shop

Its a seperate building in the car park behind the corner of Stretford End / North Stand.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Take as much information as is humanly possible to carry. I only had to collect twice (once for England v Greece) and the bloody women who served me wanted fucking everything. Hells teeth! At one point I thought they were going to ask for something to get my DNA. Which, incidetally, I would have been more than happy to provide!
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    i can see there being a problem when an adult goes in as a child but I cant see much going wrong when blokes pass their tickets back for mates. After all, theres only so many seats, and at grounds like OT theyre often all sold out, so you'll get people stood in the gangways... which the stewards shouldnt allow.
    The reason over crowding is a problem, not because there are no seats that theory was proven in Sheffield a few years ago But grounds have saftey certificates that enforce things like sitting down and section capacities. If a club is found to not be enforceing the rules of the safety certificate then the council that issued the certificate will take action. At the Reebok it has always been a problem when United come their fans refuse to sit down as a result Bolton fans near them also stand up. The Stewards can easily enforce Bolton fans to abide by the stadium rules if they don't they are thrown out, arrested or banned for life. Visiting supporters getting banned isnt really an option it is difficult to police arested yeah but police don't realy want to do it. So they just stand up. A season or so ago The council restriced the number of fans that could attend in the united end and there were seats left empty.

If you want to see how the council work then when the Reebok opened originally they restricted the capacity for football matches to 25000. We then get a Rugby match and the crowd figure is 27000. Other things to watch for football the certificate states that drinking alcohol in view of the pitch is not allowed even behind windows if you are inview of the pitch you can't drink. At the rigby matches they can drink in the stands.

So when you get told to sit down or move from the yellow painted sections the reason isnt becasue the stewards are being arseholes (not all the time anyway) but becasue they are just enforceing what the local council has told them to enforce. Every venue is different and for different events the certificate allows different things to go on it is hell trying to understand everything.