Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyMan View Post
OK. I am still stuck on this. I have all my DVD rips looking wonderful. But I still have my AVI's although looking decent now, in my video library and not my dvd library. I know Video_TS is a notepad file edited. But is the .wkv file simply a notepad file saved with the extension .wkv? Also I am using Mymovies for the dvdid files and the cover, as when googling I assumed mymovies would add the AVI files to my dvd library. Why can't microsoft ever make things simple, and why do they have to stop all their products from having the support you need? lol
Firstly, the 'wkv' file is a WVX file that is read by Windows Media Center to find the files. It tricks it into thinking it's a compatible file. It IS a Notepad file with the above code inside it (The Code Tag keeps removing it for some reason).

A quote from file extension explanation website explains -
Windows Media Video Redirector (.wvx) files are Windows Media Metafiles that reference Windows Media Video (.wmv) files
OR in this case AVI files!

I've never used 'MyMovies' for the DVDID's, but so long as it creates DVDID.XML files, I dont think it should be a problem, although DVDXML.com is the Official online site (ATM) for DVD information, including Synopsis as far as I have found, hence the reason that the only list released DVD's as it goes by the DVDID physically on the DVD itself.

Due to my XBox360 recently dying, I havent really been to bothered about since I've bought a PS3. However, I've sent it back to MS to see if they'll fix it. Once it gets returned I'll set it up again to make sure this method still works (I cant see why not though).

The reason they are only adding the files to your 'Video Library' is because of this part -

Transcode-v0.7.zip
Not to be confused with Transcode 360. This file creates the DVD Folder selection in Manage Libraries.
You need to copy the .DLL file to your Extender folder which is C:\WINDOWS\EHOME
Then import the .REG file into your registry.
Go to your Extender on your XBox360 (Tasks > Settings > Manage Libraries) Select DVD Movies and add the Parent Folder of your files.
Do as it says and you can Import the files into the DVD Library.