There is only so far that poetic license should be allowed to go. I can live with Bumblebee not being a VW but this takes the piss.... im suprised the even kept Prime as a truck now...

We know this isn't an actual photo of the real Soundwave from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, but it is our first look at the official toy, via Empire. Soundwave is a fan favorite and I certainly know I'm not the only one excited to see him making his debut in this sequel. Die-hard fans already know that Soundwave transforms into a cassette player, with matching cassette tape transformers like Ravage and Laserbeak stored in his chest. Unfortunately since Frenzy turned into a small CD player in the first film, they've made Soundwave into a jet for now, as you'll see below, and it's unlikely we'll see Ravage or Laserbeak either.
That alternate jet version we mentioned is the lower of the two photos. However, I've got a feeling that we're actually going to see Soundwave as some sort of boombox or jukebox or something in the actual film, and they're just keeping it a secret. Back when the first film came out, USA Today polled fans to see which classic Transformers characters they'd like to see. Soundwave won the poll, taking 20% of the votes, compared to Devastator with 16% (it's rumored that he might even show up, too). If we get to see both Soundwave and Devastator in somewhat authentic forms, I don't know if I'll be able to handle the geek overload.