Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Home Release Schedule Theater Events Trailers Movie Reviews Forum Movie News Podcast

I thought the first was ok although it needs to be more violent...

I'm reluctant to report this, but I guess I have to. Yep, they're actually making Ghost Rider 2. Do you remember the original? Yea, that damn movie they put out in 2007 that almost everyone hated (right?). Like it or not, we all knew that a sequel was inevitable, as Ghost Rider did make an impressive $116 million at the box office. It has just taken a while for the whole thing to actually get moving. However, Bloody Disgusting is reporting tonight that Columbia Pictures is officially looking for writers and that Nicolas Cage is indeed already attached and signed on to return. Is there really any hope for this sequel at all?
    Being an optimistic person, here's what I'll say about this news. I remember when Ghost Rider first came out, and was getting dismal reviews, everyone was saying how much potential the character had. The actual Ghost Rider Marvel comics character is pretty badass and does, in theory, have a lot of potential, it just never got used in the first movie. As we all know, both Hulk and Punisher were "rebooted" this year, to quite a bit of success (at least for the former). So might Sony try and "reboot" Ghost Rider as well and give it a complete revamp for the sequel? I hope so, but I could be entirely wrong.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Home Release Schedule Theater Events Trailers Movie Reviews Forum Movie News Podc

Can a Mod rename this:

Apparently Ghost Rider 2 is Officially Moving Forward

Thanks
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -