Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

COD4 Getting pwned on COD4 multiplayer

Any help or hints for a noob?

I really enjoy the multiplayer, but keep on getting piched against a load of level 55s and most of the time can't get a shot off before getting killed Got to fight better people to get better yourself, I appreciate that......but after a while it just isn't fun to get constantly battered.

Is there any way to get into matches with more people of lower levels? Any handy hints for general gameplay?

Cheers

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Getting pwned on COD4 multiplayer

I know how you feel mate.After finally realising how crap World at War is i have gone back to COD4 and unfortunatly have to start from the beginning.Its pissing me right off,me with me poxy mp5 while i seem to be getting hammered from all angles from P90's with red dot sights.Twats.
    Best i can offer is not to go running into the middle of it all right from the off.hang around the edges for a bit untill someone dies and drops a decent gun.Thats all i got untill i rank up myself mate and god is it takin time lol

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers mate.

I couldn't work out what the different badges were for, and just read that it's prestige mode. So in actual fact, some of these people are like, level 355 or something daft

Guess I'm just screwed, in that people have been playing 12 months longer than me...

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Cheers mate.

I couldn't work out what the different badges were for, and just read that it's prestige mode. So in actual fact, some of these people are like, level 355 or something daft

Guess I'm just screwed, in that people have been playing 12 months longer than me...
    When i got COD4 i did headquarters alot when i started..after every game i was getting a average of 800xp

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    When i got COD4 i did headquarters alot when i started..after every game i was getting a average of 800xp
    Is that one of the maps? How do i choose which one to do - it always just auto assigns me to a match?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Headquarters is gametype, not a map. It's the one where an area on the map is designated the headquarters and each team has to try and capture the area and hold it for as long as possible. As Sanj said, good for getting XP as you get points from your team as well your own.

As for tips, am assuming it x360 you're playing on. I only play it on PC, but can tell you how I play, don't know how it translates. Works for me, more often than not I finish top 3 I'd say, but I get killed a lot! Hardcore mode is the only one I play, it makes the damage from guns more, so you don't have to hit someone as much to down them. Good for someone who like me doesn't get head shot after head shot. Last man stands with desert eagle, once I got those perks you would not believe how many kills I get with it. Once you're good at it, and fire straight away after getting shot maybe 1 in 3 times you get the guy who shot you...or someone else! Much better than martyrdom IMO but it pisses people off!

As for guns, my fave combo is G36C with red dot sight, best all rounder I think, but P90 or a heavy gun with the accuracy perks can also be pretty handy. Grenades, I love em. Have the perk to have 3, and I try and make sure I throw a few before I die. Keep throwing em and you'll get better at it. I used to never kill anyone with them, and now I throw em when I know enemy are in a general direction and get a fair few kills. Comes with learning maps and spawn points.

If you're getting your ass kicked, get into a headquarters game...but don't to start of with try and capture it yourself. You will get killed alot. Let your mates do it, if it your, hang back, and pick off enemy. You know where they will be heading if it's your headquarter. If it's not, and captured by enemy, again, don't try and capture it. Hang back, stay with grenades, long distance stuff. Get your kills up, and time before you die. You'll get alot more playtime I reckon than team deathmatch

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pick your perks wisely - I opt for Stopping Power (more damage from bullets) Claymore or 2x RPG's (fucking choppers ) and finally last stand - this allows you a few final seconds after you've been "killed" to try and kill your killer - I normally get about a 40-50% success rate with this, so well worth it.

Try playing Team death match (mercenary) for a while, so you've got other people on your side, hopefully allowing you to play a little longer without getting killed.

Go through single player on veteren - this will help massively.

Add me on XBL and we'll have a frag fest

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

getting to know the maps will help no end. I suck at the 3 new levels, simply because I don't know them well enough.
    my weapon of choice is the g35c, silenced, with deep impact and stopping power.
    i picked up someone's shot gun the other day and that had a red dot scope and faster reloading and it was awesome. unfortunately i can't be arsed to work my way to getting that.

i play search and destroy to get my XP up, but to get kills for weapon perks, I play free-for-all, or team death match.
    Headquarters is good but tends to last a long time.
    Last edited by willp2003; 4th February 2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: spelling

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Last stand really does piss me off! whenever i see someone down on last stand i try to kill them by bouncing a flash bang off their heads... Ultimate humiliation haha

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not as bad as martyrdom

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aim for the head =P

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers all. I use martyrdon personally - I know it winds people up, but you get the odd kill from it .

I know about half the maps reasonable well......downloaded the 4 new ones the other day and haven't got a clue with those though.

I recall playing headquarters for a bit, will give it another go.

The only thing I can't understand, is where are all the other noobs? In a 12 person deathmatch, I will invariably be the only person with the orange insignia - everyone else has different badges.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

play and cheat LOL

there was an irc channel around cod4cheats or something

you would somehow get all your mates into one game, go after one flag, and team takes turns into capturing it,could get 3000xp a game

Thanks
    Karma Level

it always helps to play with people you know keep each other motivated and that way when you win you can gang teebag.