Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad News Jade Goody says cancer has spread

Jade Goody says cancer has spread

Jade Goody was diagnosed with cancer in August

Former Big Brother star Jade Goody has confirmed the cervical cancer she is being treated for has spread to her bowel, liver and groin.
    The mother-of-two was diagnosed with the illness in August and has been receiving chemotherapy ever since.
    Her spokesman, Max Clifford, said the 27-year-old was "trying to put on a brave face" for her two children.
    She told The Sun: "I am devastated, frightened and angry. I don't want to die, I have so much to live for."
    Goody, who appeared on the Channel 4 series in 2002 added: "The reality is I have gone from a 40% chance of a cure to seeing how long I can stay alive.
    "The whole thing is absolutely terrifying, I am hoping a new type of treatment will suppress and control the cancer, which is very aggressive. I am in a nightmare."
    Clifford said the team of doctors and surgeons who had been treating the star at London's Royal Marsden Hospital were now discussing the best way to treat the three tumours.
    'Terrible news'
    They are now looking at ways to prolong her life so she can spend as much time as possible with her sons.
    "Obviously its a nightmare and it's terrible news for her," said Mr Clifford.
    "She's gone through a hard time in recent times with the treatment."
    Goody discharged herself from hospital last week to join sons Bobby, five, and four-year-old Freddie at their home in Upshire, Essex.
    But she later returned after becoming violently ill and collapsing.
    In September Goody had a hysterectomy , which at the time Mr Clifford said had "gone well".
    Boyfriend Jack Tweed, 21, was said to be "numb" over the news and Goody has begun preparing a will. Her sons currently are staying with their father, TV host Jeff Brazier. Goody was first told of her cervical cancer in the diary room of the Indian version of Big Brother and flew home for emergency treatment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7869090.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Jade Goody says cancer has spread

not a fan of the girl but no one deserves that, especially at that age.

Thanks
    Karma Level

so whose going to be the first to say it

THE BARON

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry but i have no sympathy for her, she has used her status to cash in on the stories

What about the thousands that suffer each year in silence with no help for their families

Thanks
    Karma Level

it's sad yeah, but how many other people are suffering with cancer/tumours and don't get the oppertunities she's having because of her 'star' status, or get nationwide publicity.
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    Sorry but i have no sympathy for her, she has used her status to cash in on the stories
    I thought the same, but on the other hand - if by selling yourself/stories etc in the final 6 months say - and u can accumulate another few hundred grand to your estate, ultimately for your kids... would you not?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post

What about the thousands that suffer each year in silence with no help for their families
    So what should see do ?

Forget her status and throw away the chance of financially securing her kids futures ?

Only a mug would do that.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    it's sad yeah, but how many other people are suffering with cancer/tumours and don't get the oppertunities she's having because of her 'star' status, or get nationwide publicity.
    So what do you suggest A Big Brother show for cancer victims ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

she has made a lot of mistakes in her life put her foot so far down her mouth its came out of her ass but in the end she is a mother of small children and i hope she can have as long as she gets out of life to be with them along with every other parent that has had there life shortened by any disease

Thanks
    Karma Level

Either way, she doesn't deserve any more (or less) sympathy than anyone else in a similar situation.

Moving on.........
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    So what should see do ?

Forget her status and throw away the chance of financially securing her kids futures ?

Only a mug would do that.

spend time with your kids or make money. wouldn't have to think twice myself.

bb show for cancer victims, why not - won't be any worse than the sh1te they run at the moment. Could let the profits go to cancer charity, I dobut that would happen though - hungry bar stewards.

Thanks
    Karma Level

you dont choose cancer it chooses you !

i hope she recovers to be honest i wouldnt wish cancer on anybody especially when she is a mother .

i know alot of people have a problem with her but overall shes pretty harmless and its only stupidity that has brought her trouble upon herself and she has had to deal with the effects falling in and out of the celebrity spotlight .

i sometimes wonder if somebody offerd you £100k to tell your life story in the papers would you do it ?

she has just taken hold of a strange set of circumstances that has propelled her into another world one she could not even dreamt of in her younger days and personally i think it would be hard for anybody of her original status to resist that ..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spennyboy View Post
    I thought the same, but on the other hand - if by selling yourself/stories etc in the final 6 months say - and u can accumulate another few hundred grand to your estate, ultimately for your kids... would you not?
    well said, and yes I bloody well would. I can't stand the cow, I think she's a shocking example of a human being to have gotten fame and be put in the spotlight before the media (before the cancer), but there is no doubt that she is very young to die, her kids are going to grow up without their mum which no kid should have to do, and if they can do it financially secure thanks to her actions then so be it. Like I said, I can't stand the cow, but that doesn't hide what it is she is going through. She has an opportunity most cancer sufferers don't have, so damn well let her use it. I have no sympathy for her, but enormous sympathy for her kids.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If people are stupid enough to buy a magazine/newspaper with her mug on it.. fair play to her because for a foul mouthed chavette she has managed to accumulate considerable wealth and a much better life for her kids.
    With respect to her cancer, she has stage 4 cervical cancer with advanced metastasis to other organs so she is definitely dying soon. According to the survival curves there is only a 35% chance she will live to see the 2012 Olympics, and thats if she responds to treatment. God help her and her little ones.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wonder how many oap's have similar odds, too scared to turn their heating on in the winter 'cos of greedy fat bar steward fat-cats and toffs' accumulating more money than sense.. that's the real shame!

she does f00k all and gets minted for it, more talent in th average house fly. It's a shame, for her kids - of course it is, but they're not living in a third world country, they'll have better finicial security than alot of other children no matter how much more money their mother makes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    I wonder how many oap's have similar odds, too scared to turn their heating on in the winter 'cos of greedy fat bar steward fat-cats and toffs' accumulating more money than sense.. that's the real shame!

she does f00k all and gets minted for it, more talent in th average house fly. It's a shame, for her kids - of course it is, but they're not living in a third world country, they'll have better finicial security than alot of other children no matter how much more money their mother makes.
    I'm guessing that you work in the voluntary sector
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cancer is a terrible disease and i wouldn't wish it on anybody especially when they got young kids.
    On a lighter note anyone got her in the death pool?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I'm guessing that you work in the voluntary sector

lol, IT Tech as it goes

lol@ rsv

Thanks
    Karma Level

irrespective of he position or status she is a human being who clearly loves her children and is likely to die soon. that in any persons eyes is a crying shame.

things like this bring home how fragile life is and how much we take for granted every day in our lives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ding Dong the witch is dead! (nearly)
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast