Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Stuck with transit mileage correcting

Hi can anyone help me with how i can rectify the mileage on a 2006 transit van.I am using a Universal 2008 Tacho adjuster and the instructions i was given with the Tacho adjuster was to join the crystal and connect the 8 pin board and cable to the 33c66 chip in the instrument cluster and write the corrected mileage.I have removed the cluster only to find that it does not contain the 33c66 chip it has the 24c16 chip so i am stuck.I have tried doing it in the way i was instructed but no joy.Has anyone else had this problem or knows of how i write to the 24c16 chip.Thanks in advance for any info..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Stuck with transit mileage correcting

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls-diagnostic View Post
    Hi can anyone help me with how i can rectify the mileage on a 2006 transit van.I am using a Universal 2008 Tacho adjuster and the instructions i was given with the Tacho adjuster was to join the crystal and connect the 8 pin board and cable to the 33c66 chip in the instrument cluster and write the corrected mileage.I have removed the cluster only to find that it does not contain the 33c66 chip it has the 24c16 chip so i am stuck.I have tried doing it in the way i was instructed but no joy.Has anyone else had this problem or knows of how i write to the 24c16 chip.Thanks in advance for any info..
    in the tacho universal choosed ford > transit 03

then it will tell u to clip 24c16 and press ok
    to read

make sure mileage is correct and save dump
    disconnect clip
    and re clip the chip again
    read second time make sure mileage is correct and save again

then go ahead and change mileage

the reason i say save twice and unclip is some times u might have a dodgy connection with clip wich could result in corrupted data

and make sure mileage is correct before u even think of changing it

it could be displayed in miles or km

so have a fone handy to convert it

hope this helps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for reply.Have been at this every day for a week and still no joy i have tried what fez 786 suggested several times but still no joy.When i connect to the chip i always get the same mileage so assume i must be connected but as soon a i write the mileage to the chip it kicks back data not equal adjust clip so i do but still does nothing.I started to thing it was my machine but i have tried it on 4 different vehicles today and it did the with no problems so really stumped here.I am also joining the legs of the crystal as i was told i must do this.Is there only the one crystal that need to be joined.Thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Have you made sure there is no varnish etc on the eeprom legs? Give these a good clean and make sure you are putting the clip the right way up (i.e. Pin one to eeprom leg one).

Also make sure you are using the 24cXX Programming Board and not the 93cXX one.
    Last edited by Twincharge; 28th February 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for info i have ensured legs on eeprom are clean and clip correct way with the 24cXX board with red wire on cable connected to number 1 on the pins on the board.I will go back and have one more try on monday as im determined not to let it win.lol.Ill keep you all updated with how i get on.If it was just for mr smith then i would of called it a day after the second try but this is a job for a big company which can give me a lot of work so im determined to do it..

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you are having trouble pull the eeprom off the board! If you still cannot read the device correctly then you have hardware problems.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for all the help and advice.I have tried the tacho on A few cars that get done through the dsl and it works ok but for some reason it wont work on fords.I have tried to do 3 different fords and get nowhere so i guess ive been hit with a chinese replica tacho adjuster that will only do what it wants to do.I think now is the time to invest in a decent machine so hopefully someone on this site can help me find one.Looking at few sites and have spotted the digimaster 2 the only thing is it ranges from £2995 up to £6500.Can anyone tell me what is the average price for one of these as i dont want to pay £6500 if i can get the same machine for £2995.Does anyone know how i can find out before purchasing if its the real deal.I no with a lot of my diagnostic equipment that there are genuine dealers of product and the will give you there dealer code so you can check if they are a genuine dealer of genuine items.Can this be done with the digimaster or other mileage correcting equipment.P.s would also be interested in finding out if i can get a copy of the genuine tacho software that i could try to write to my tacho to see if it helps..Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get a DP3 or enigma much better tools,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Paul

Your 24c eep is probably a "WP" eep. Its probably locked up due to the quality of machine your using. Write the data onto a new 24c eep and Im sure it will change no probs.

For other machines just look in the adds section at the top of this section.

Cheers