Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default When you think about squad depths ....

..... can it really get any better than this?

Chelsea have the better squad my arse!

EDIT: Oh, and this is missing players like PIG, Fabio, Hargreaves, Possebon, Welbeck, Tosic.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: When you think about squad depths ....

What baffles me about man utd is that.. all these players would most likely walk into anyside.. they are all almost 1st team players. Yet some are content sitting on the bench week in and week out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    What baffles me about man utd is that.. all these players would most likely walk into anyside.. they are all almost 1st team players. Yet some are content sitting on the bench week in and week out.
    Good point!
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    Yeah it can, shave off O'shea, Park, Brown, Fletcher, Anderson and get in Gerrard, Carragher, Terry, Lampard, Bentley... just to name a few...
    Bentley - he is soooo last season.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

what a surprise, Dippers with nothing constructive to say ;-) simply put I doubt there is another squad anywhere in the world that has as much depth as that. It wasn't ever about there being players who could come in and improve, as that is a given - though anyone who thinks Carragher would improve that is barking! People here have said that they think Chelsea have a better squad, IMO this blows that argument totally out of the water.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Carra is fantastic, it's bloody Gerrard I can't stand!
    However, Chelsea do have the better squad, what they son't have is the better team.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

better squad will tell at the end of the season who picks up the trophies is what counts

Thanks
    Karma Level

unfortunately i have to agree with bbk on this, imo the strength in depth of man u is far and away better than any other prem side.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you ask me our strength in depth is already showing and paying dividends and has been for the last couple of months.

Thanks
    Karma Level

because they understand what it takes to be the biggest club in the world, and are probably proud of being a part of it.

Unlike the dipshits at Chelsea - fucking prima donnas the lot of em.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    Chelsea have a more expensive squad.

We've had this arguement before about Carra, he's statistically one of the best defenders in the country.
    We will retain our own views on Carra, I think he's a useless lump myself

Quote Originally Posted by wijit View Post
    However, Chelsea do have the better squad, what they son't have is the better team.
    Why don't you try and do a comparison like above, because honestly, I can't see how anyone can say that. Chelsea may have a very good 15 or 16 players, but you don't have to look much past their strikers (Tevez, our 3rd choice, pisses on Kalou) or their defence (look how well they've done without Carvalho, then look how well United have done without a succession of defenders this season). I think people get stuck at the Chelsea midfield, which is undoubtedly incredibly strong, and forget that a squad is 20+ players, not five men in midfield. And on that note, look how good their midfield has been without Essien. Its a shadow of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    better squad will tell at the end of the season who picks up the trophies is what counts
    Indeed, but already we see certain teams only playing for 2 trophies, and other teams playing for 4, having already won 2 trophies. If you focus all your energies into playing for one trophy at the expense of all others then does that make a better squad? Questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    unfortunately i have to agree with bbk on this, imo the strength in depth of man u is far and away better than any other prem side.
    Can everyone see the key words Jacko used here - "strength of depth" ....... this is what I was getting at. Thanks m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    because they understand what it takes to be the biggest club in the world, and are probably proud of being a part of it.
    It takes a certain mentality, but we have it in spades. Winning breeds winners, and people come to United to win, not just for the pay cheque. It clearly doesn't work with everyone (Heinze) but it seems to work for most of them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What you have done there is highlighted one of the many things fergie does better than any other manager in the known universe, he keeps the players happy to contribute to team success rather than amass a bunch of over paid prima donna mercs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBK, take off your red specs and think about what I posted. The Chelsea squad is better, as a team Man Yoo are a million miles away from everyone (except Barcelona right now, and I hope they meet soon). My point is really quite simple, when you look at the Chelsea players, they should be better than those at OT, but the fact is that they're not. I know you will disgree and start banging on about Rio, Vidic, Rooney et al. But that doesn't really matter to me. Just a fact of life.
    Apathy? can't be arsed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wijit View Post
    BBK, take off your red specs and think about what I posted. The Chelsea squad is better, as a team Man Yoo are a million miles away from everyone (except Barcelona right now, and I hope they meet soon). My point is really quite simple, when you look at the Chelsea players, they should be better than those at OT, but the fact is that they're not. I know you will disgree and start banging on about Rio, Vidic, Rooney et al. But that doesn't really matter to me. Just a fact of life.
    Show me how Im wrong then. After the initial post I made replying to you earlier I went and looked at the Chelsea squad, and for the life of me I can't see how their depth is better than ours. I'm not denying they have some better players, but they don't have the same depth. Look at what I've shown above, there's 25 or 26 players there who could fit into the first team and have decent experience in the first team (barring Tosic and Fabio). I cannot see how Chelsea could lose 12 first team members and be even remotely as strong.

As I've said on DF many times, convince me. It should be easy enough, produce two teams from the Chelsea squad as has been done above. I think you would struggle - you won't get past the goalkeeper before you do (Chelsea no.2 is Hilario, wouldn't you rather have PIG or Foster?).

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know which squad I would rather have

Thanks
    Karma Level

Villa's?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LFC Muppet View Post
    I know which squad I would rather have
    so do I, but you won't publicly admit it

I have the MSN conversation though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wijit u accuse bbk of rose tinted specs yet you are obviously a complete abu and I'm sure most on here would agree your abu'ism far outweighs the collective rose tinted specs of all the united fans here.

United squad absolutely kicks the crap out of any other squad you could mention and I would say some of it is by chance, eg nobody would have expected giggs or scholes to make the impact they hace this season and at the other end players like possebon, fabio, wellbeck, gibson have come on to the scene and proved they are worthy of a place too. I'm not so sure in august the training staff would have thought most of the above would pan out as it has.

Put it this way come the end of the season if united end up with 3-5 major honours they will be hailled as the greatest squad in the world and bitter abus like will you walking down the street talking to themselves, spitting under their breath saying "fucking chelsea squad was better"

1 word....delusional

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFU View Post
    Wijit u accuse bbk of rose tinted specs
    its funny how often that accusation gets thrown at me Im happy to admit that of course I have a United bias, I wouldn't be much of a fan if I didn't, but sometimes I honestly cannot see where I am wrong. Like I've said, I'm not disputing that other clubs have better players than ours, but when you consider we have 27 players there ready to step into the first team, well, thats just incredible. Look at those two teams and you tell me who would win a match between the two, because I sure don't know. We're on a run of what, 13 clean sheets in the league now, and only Vidic and VDS have been consistent in the defence, we've had (I think) 8 different defenders in. What other club could do that? For instance at Chelsea, take out Cole - who is their replacement LB? Take out Carvalho and what do you get? Terry exposed for the crap that he is, and 10 points behind the leaders. People go on about Arsenal, all their kids, but again, they really suffer when you look at the depth. Where are they without Fabregas? 15 points behind. United had 12 players out at times during January and still we are on a run of 9 straight league wins.

So come on, someone please show me how I am wrong this time, and I am wearing my tinted specs, because sorry, I think I'm dead fucking right this time!

Thanks
    Karma Level

ITs crazy chavski go out and buy a load of midfielders at inflated rates and the abus claim its the best squad. I would rate the united midfield better anyway, you can hardly compare the sort of consistancy carrick and fletch have shown this season with the patchy season that the likes of lumphard, bollok and mikel (the new djemba djemba) have had.

We have better wingers with cover too.

There are many people saying we "could" win the qunituple but the truth is we actually "should" win it, only bad luck can stop it. Wijit I hear u can buy fergie voodoo dolls on line...try eghey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast