Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Team for Club Games Thursday 19th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by mr_fuse View Post
    hopefully I made up for it with my sacrificial sending off that helped win that game 1-0
    sacrifices for the team are never criticised, its the mad ones out of frustration that piss me off, but we didn't even come close to one of those last night apart from one mad yellow card. That you were in a position to perform the chop was remarkable in itself

Thanks
    Karma Level

Considering I've not played for 3 or 4 weeks, I thought I was the best player on the pitch

I only used the "button didn't work" excuse twice, and lag once, and they were fucking genuine you cunts....

My only observation is that we seem to bias slightly towards the right. Not much, as I saw quite a bit of the ball but I'm often in hectares of space where a long crossfield ball is likely to have me in on goal, but we never look for them (granted they are not very easy to pull off, esp. under pressue)...

Excellent night though, and everyone played well. Everyone had their moments. But since no one is blowing my trumpet, I'll blow my own:

- Every corner I took bar1 landed perfectly on one of our heads (2 resulting in goals)
    - I set up 3 goals with through balls on the night, except no one seems to have noticed
    - I had at least 80% completed pass rate
    - I HAD A PASS BACK TO DEFENCE TWICE!
    - I won most of my challenged headers using the jostle stick
    - And my celebration of BBK's goal where I stuck my cock through the "o" in the "Manchester United are champions" advert board was well recieved by the away fans.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that was our best night yet, I'm glad we stuck at it now and didn't give up. Everyone played great, some of our passing and movement was suberb and we scored some crackin goals as well. Mine was goal of the night come on, when I knocked it forward and ran onto it, I meant it honest

Warhead was quality at the back imo and Muppet hardly ever misses when he's through. But everyone was great too! Next week can't come soon enough

By the way it's very fuckin difficult when playing as All with 4 defenders and also playing as the striker too. Player switching it shite as it'll switch to the striker when you want a defender and vica versa. Just thought I'd throw that in lol
    Last edited by dannyboy; 20th February 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    My only observation is that we seem to bias slightly towards the right. Not much, as I saw quite a bit of the ball but I'm often in hectares of space where a long crossfield ball is likely to have me in on goal, but we never look for them (granted they are not very easy to pull off, esp. under pressue)...
    I'd tend to agree with this, it does seem that far more play goes down the right, and several times I was in space to the left of a player with the ball, but rather than the easy ball to me and into space, it would go down the wing into a crowd of players.

Maybe you lot are trying to tell me something, I don't know

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I'd tend to agree with this, it does seem that far more play goes down the right, and several times I was in space to the left of a player with the ball, but rather than the easy ball to me and into space, it would go down the wing into a crowd of players.

Maybe you lot are trying to tell me something, I don't know

haha Im not sure why we naturally end up down the right hand side I seem to find space down the right and just lay it off to Muppet which works quite well similar to when we kick off.

Not saying its an intentional ploy but it has worked well last few weeks, Im all for variation if it will improve our performance as i keep telling my missus

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kev was my player of the night, behind the hood he was covering defensive runs going forward, didnt get sucked out of position, was solid and owned the middle of the park, Although if it was for scoring it would be close with muppett and danny whos finishing and assist where world class, you guys understand each others 100% now.. Everyone played really well and i get real excited on thursdays now..

Although like in real life, people scoring seems to take presidence over tackles and clearances and what not..

Obviously i am biased to defensive play as my job is to keep the ball out of our net

maybe everyone deserved a player of the night, maybe from next week we can have a seperate after game thread with a poll we can vote on player of the night? maybe some reward?
    [live=W4RH34D]W4RH34D[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I'd tend to agree with this, it does seem that far more play goes down the right,
    1st game - at least 3 of my 4 goals came from the left.

Later games I have to agree that it was coming down the right more, maybe people were a little hesitant at passing to Neo and wanted to ease him gently back into the fold.
    Or maybe it was because a few times we had nothing on the left and people supposed to be playing on the left were up front or even on the right at times.

I have my preffered way of playing and like to kick from left to right, for some reason pressing right on the thumb stick seems to come more natural. Maybe this is the case with up and down with some people.

The thing is, we had a hell of a night, played really really well and won a lot more than we lost.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LFC Muppet View Post
    Or maybe it was because a few times we had nothing on the left and people supposed to be playing on the left were up front or even on the right at times.
    Bwhahahaa... Subtle as a fucking brick as always

It's not my fault. The sexual energy oozing from Fuse just naturally draws me across to him. It's like when you're sitting on the couch, watching TV and the dog very carefully inches it's way closer to you without you noticing. When you do finally notice, he's in fully flight banging away at your leg.

Sometimes it's comforting though.... or is that just me?
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bwhahahaa... Subtle as a fucking brick as always
    No fooking around when it comes to me. White writing is good as well

Agree with your corners and when you were wide some of your crosses Work on your positioning and the ball will surely come to you more.

As the say treat people how you would like to be treated (pass the fooking ball and people might pass it back ) = another joke, you passed well last night (most of the time).

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not my fault. The sexual energy oozing from Fuse just naturally draws me across to him. It's like when you're sitting on the couch, watching TV and the dog very carefully inches it's way closer to you without you noticing. When you do finally notice, he's in fully flight banging away at your leg.

Sometimes it's comforting though.... or is that just me?
    I think its my linguistic Brummie accent that does it!

Nothing more sexual than the dopey west midland accent such charming chat up lines as "aright skip how yam doin bab"

Probably why Danny hasnt got a mic being from Walsall he will have a broader accent than me and how can you resist that?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mr_fuse View Post
    Probably why Danny hasnt got a mic being from Walsall he will have a broader accent than me and how can you resist that?
    She.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Work on your positioning and the ball will surely come to you more.
    Yup. I think that's the area I need improvement... The rest should fall into place

Thanks
    Karma Level

7 is the max in our set-up, so sorry all full.
    arse :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    arse :-(
    Check out the B team thread

Thanks
    Karma Level

Took that spare phone line out that i think was causing disconnections and phoned O2 to up the noise ratio from 6 to 9 and now im getting 460kb/s solid connection (up 120kb/s), should be no issues with disconnecting from now on in lads \o/

only shitter is my BT main box is ancient, it doesnt have the caps on etc.. does this really matter i wonder

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    only shitter is my BT main box is ancient, it doesnt have the caps on etc.. does this really matter i wonder
    Shouldn't make much difference mate... You can always go out and buy a new style linebox and swap them. It's not rocket science to rewire them...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shouldn't make much difference mate... You can always go out and buy a new style linebox and swap them. It's not rocket science to rewire them...
    I heard from a friend Bt had stopped places selling them? take it thats not true neo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12