Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Darlington enter administration

Another team in the red. such a shame for the fans too.

Darlington have officially announced they are entering administration, and have been deducted 10 points.
    Dave Clark, of Brackenbury Clark and Co, has been appointed as administrator taking over the running of the club.
    "This is a sad day in the long history of Darlington Football Club," chairman George Houghton said of the decision in a club statement.
    "It was a result of a combination of circumstances compounded by the current economic recession."
    Houghton took over as chairman of the club in March 2006, following Stewart Morris in the role. However, the businessman, who made his fortune in property, says he hopes the club can find new ownership and believes they are in a good position to do so.

"By appointing administrators at this time when the team is playing well, the club's management costs have been brought under control and the council is aware of the detailed planning case, I hope I have given the best possible opportunity to deliver the club into new ownership," he said.

"I intend to support the administrators in this process and if any serious investors can be found I stand ready to continue my involvement and some investment as part of a consortium in order to keep professional football alive in Darlington."
    The club's new administrator Clark is equally positive of securing a new owner, given the current position of seventh in League Two and the assets surrounding the club.
    "This club has a long history in league football having been founded in 1883. My job as administrator is to affect a sale of this club to a new investor or consortium," he said.
    "The club has a number of advantages which in my view would make it attractive to an investor including a good manager with a history of securing promotion; a strong team currently on the edge of the play-off positions; a sound management team and loyal staff, and a stadium which would be the envy of most Championship clubs and some Premier League clubs.
    "Therefore I am confident that a new owner can be found for the club.
    "Despite owing significant sums to a number of creditors, the club enjoys a special relationship with its creditors and fans. I am confident that any new investor will enjoy a similar close working relationship."
    The Quakers will be docked 10 points under Football League rules, denting their push for promotion. The points deduction means they will drop from seventh to 12th place in the table - with two games in hand on most of the teams in the play-off positions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...on/7909576.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Darlington enter administration

was reading earlier that the fella currently in charge was had plans laid for developing the area aound the ground, the planning was dragged out and the crunch hit, the plug was pulled and this is the result, hopefully tho with the games in hand they mite tempt someone to inject some cash and keep em afloat.
    Celtic FC 1888

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Darlington enter administration

hopefully they can get a cash injection. wernt that long ago they was willing to pay asprillias wages