Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Whine Club games Discussion thread

Discuss the nights games in here.

26/02/09 = Won 40 - Drawn 9 - Lost 31

23/03/09 = Won 58 - Drawn 13 - Lost 37

@ Mod - Please make this a sticky
    Last edited by LFC Muppet; 25th March 2009 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Club games Discussion thread

Good games last night lads, probably our most productive.

Amazing team performance, 1 person did shine that little bit extra and I will post my vote in the other thread.

Took me a while to get my shooting boots on, I blame not being able to get my BAP Season practice game in beforehand. Set most of the first goals up so that made up for it.

Really happy with the way we are playing, starting to talk more and praising people when warranted.

Cheers Lads!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought we were superb last night boys. Once again I thought we were all pretty good. Really enjoyed the comebacks - showed some real character (esp the one against Holland as they were a decent side). Only 2 defeats all night and one was a farce.

Great work!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Coming back from 2-0 down was, in my opinion, our best match ever. The character it showed was tremendous.

Overall no doubt we have found our groove. I felt personally I was very disappointing last night, well after Warhead moved up front anyway. I don't know what it was, but I felt far more comfortable with him at the back, I was interchanging my positioning nicely (i.e. there was a nice run by Evra, so I filled in at left back), the ball was being played to me in space allowing me to put in a couple of good passes that led directly to goal. Whether I was just tired when Danny took over I don't know, but my night went really sour at that point and I just started playing shit, couldn't get the ball, and if you can't get the ball then you're fucked really.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Please use the other threads for voting only. Name only, no reason needed.

Please edit your posts in these sections to fit with this

Use this 1 for discussions

FCUK up of the Night thread has been deleted.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Player of the night. . .

Tough call this. I thought we played well on the wings - Fuse and neo both scored and created a few goals. I thought Warhead was excellent at the back - did you even ship a goal??? But I'm gonna give my vote to Muppet. Thought the boss scored a hatful again and made a few (esp the one for me when we equalised against Holland).

LFC Muppet. . . just!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Coming back from 2-0 down was, in my opinion, our best match ever. The character it showed was tremendous.

Yeah agreed, another great night although I didnt play as well as I should have but never the less what a team effort once again.

Tough one for MOTM but thought Warhead was outstanding in defence lost track of the times he made a great tackle.

GOTN If anyone else had scored the freekick I would have gone for that but being as it was me I thought it was only fair i voted for someone else, so well done kevin for the rebounded goal!!!.....lol, I went muppets curler.

would be nice to try and setup a game against another forum or a team we know now that we have got it together!

played lads...and lass

Thanks
    Karma Level

OP in the POTN thread has been updated.

Warhead was winner for this week.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Last night was a little bitter sweet for me... It was an absolutely superb team effort, and we played some brilliant stuff at times, but it all got a little off putting with calls to play the ball down the right every time. Now I know my first 4 games were attrocious bar the odd cross, and I wouldn't have passed to me either during that period. However, after the game I scored 2, which was probably my best game to date, I did very little wrong, but the ball still went down the right almost exclusively and on request.

I understand the reasoning, I know I've been a little inconsistant, but if my last 5 or so games were anything to go by, I've found my mojo again... This isn't a rant, just want to avoid things spoiling a good team spirit, which is what we have atm. So, let's please mix things up a bit, left, right and centre... If I (or anyone else for that matter) fucks up, they get slated, both in the chat and in here. That's enough punishment in my opinion.

Look forward to hearing you next week danny
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    Last night was a little bitter sweet for me... It was an absolutely superb team effort, and we played some brilliant stuff at times, but it all got a little off putting with calls to play the ball down the right every time. Now I know my first 4 games were attrocious bar the odd cross, and I wouldn't have passed to me either during that period. However, after the game I scored 2, which was probably my best game to date, I did very little wrong, but the ball still went down the right almost exclusively and on request.

I understand the reasoning, I know I've been a little inconsistant, but if my last 5 or so games were anything to go by, I've found my mojo again... This isn't a rant, just want to avoid things spoiling a good team spirit, which is what we have atm. So, let's please mix things up a bit, left, right and centre... If I (or anyone else for that matter) fucks up, they get slated, both in the chat and in here. That's enough punishment in my opinion.

Look forward to hearing you next week danny
    Only time I go down the right everytime is on kick offs, its the easiest way to go as thats the way I am facing.

Please edit your GOTN response to a name only

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LFC Muppet View Post
    Only time I go down the right everytime is on kick offs, its the easiest way to go as thats the way I am facing.
    That kickoff is fine. It works more often than not so no reason not to keep it going. But I'm not talking about you sending the ball down the right, I'm talking about you calling for the ball down the right every time it's with keeper or defenders. Variation is the spice of life...

Lets mix it up next week a little more and if it breaks down every single time on the left, then using the right exclusively is justified.

Please edit your GOTN response to a name only
    Can't fucking read instructions... Goddammit... Edited!
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Op updated with current stats

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry I didnt think i called for it overly more than anyone else maybe we tend to just pull to the right naturally.

To be honest if the ball goes down the left it allows me to push forward in line coming round the back to get into shooting positions so Im not fussed what side or center we go down as long as we win the game.

Just one thing to add I think me and muppet seem to on similar wave lengths most of the time having played a number of games togeather.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Op updated with current stats
    Do we have this since we started the new team?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Do we have this since we started the new team?

Nope, I am sure its all the club games you have played in and can't be re-set.

I was well impressed with 1 of your stats

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope, I am sure its all the club games you have played in and can't be re-set.

I was well impressed with 1 of your stats
    Seems I've played more than 80, weird!

And yes, I don't give the ball away, so you lot should be giving me the ball more

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another good night, and we've found another defensive stalwart, well done lad Should have switched off when my gf got back with her friend, because no matter how hard I tried I could not focus and found myself out of position too often. They both got in trouble for distracting me, bloody women.

Out first 7-0 win, almost came too early in some respects, but damn nice to get that many. Think we are really gelling as a team now, though obviously as it gets later into the night we need to focus more or accept we are tired and quit out ........ you know who you are ....... There should be no shame in quitting out and letting some others play on if they want to

Thanks
    Karma Level

WTF happened in the last game??

My players were passing without me pressing anything, the keeper threw it out without me pressing anything. It then kicked me out.

I could still hear you all but you couldn't hear me and then my Xbox shut down , went to bed but will have to try it later to make sure its ok.

Sorry.

Apart from that it was a good night, enjoyed my first 1hr and half at the back .

Some good goals scored and some amazing back to front play, using the midfield on the way

Well done folks and apologies again for the final game (even though not my fault)

Also guys - Please use the other 2 dedicated threads to put names only (use this thread for discussion and reasons why)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another good night lads. Muppet was superb at the back, midfield all played well and me and Warhead was knocking em in. Loved the 7-0 game, even though they gave up after 3 or 4!

God knows what I was playing at at the back, I couldn't do anything, they got through every time. I think I shall give that position up now, if thats ok lol

We scored some great team goals too, loved the "miss" by Steve too haha

Thanks
    Karma Level

I pressed shoot and it just bounced off my foot onto thepost then shanked it wide

Another good night bar that

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast