Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dashfixer or similar tool wanted

Hi to all.This is a long shot but i am looking for a good mileage correction tool something along the lines of the dashfixer etc.Anything except a tacho universal.I have now had 2 tacho universals and they have both let me down far to many times in the past so now its time to spend a little bit more money and try find myself something half decent.I have been looking at many websites and there are some real nice ones about but unfortunate for me they are to expensive for me at this moment in time so thought i would try leaving a post to see if anyone could help me with finding one.I have around £3000 to spend on one and would happily take a second hand one as long as its good and can be updated when required.Please do not send me to chinese suppliers who sell copied items as i want one that is a genuine item not a copy.Thanks in advance for any help given here to help me get up and running with a good machine.P.s i would happily pay a lot more for a brand new one if there is anywhere that anyone knows of that would arrange it on credit as i cant afford to put £8-£9000 out in one go..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dashfixer or similar tool wanted

hmm not sure about u but i have been using a clone for a long time and mine works perfect

only thing which didnt work was the nec dongle (gettin a working 1 next week)

if u want to get a proper tool which will do latest cars .etc

i sugest u go for the engima tool

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi and thanks.I think i have found the problem i opened the casing today to do an update on the chips and there is a wire coming from the jack where you power up the machine is not connected which would make sense as i have been thinking that there is no power going through my cables.All i got to do now is try find where the wire goes to without zapping the board then hopefully this will be the problem.If not then im going to have to get another machine.Been offered a dashfixer pro. latest version with all cables, connectors etc For £6000 only 6 month old so seriously planning it but trying to figure out how to find out its a genuine one before parting with my money.Any tips out there for me to help me ensure i am buyig a genuine tool would be much appreciated,.,

Thanks
    Karma Level

get the unit id and call dashfixer for the details of ownership and box number etc .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls-diagnostic View Post
    Hi to all.This is a long shot but i am looking for a good mileage correction tool something along the lines of the dashfixer etc.Anything except a tacho universal.I have now had 2 tacho universals and they have both let me down far to many times in the past so now its time to spend a little bit more money and try find myself something half decent.I have been looking at many websites and there are some real nice ones about but unfortunate for me they are to expensive for me at this moment in time so thought i would try leaving a post to see if anyone could help me with finding one.I have around £3000 to spend on one and would happily take a second hand one as long as its good and can be updated when required.Please do not send me to chinese suppliers who sell copied items as i want one that is a genuine item not a copy.Thanks in advance for any help given here to help me get up and running with a good machine.P.s i would happily pay a lot more for a brand new one if there is anywhere that anyone knows of that would arrange it on credit as i cant afford to put £8-£9000 out in one go..
    Just a wild guess, but I'm guessing you are new to this game and wanting to be able to cover more cars than the Tacho Universal is currently allowing you?

A bit of good advice, stick with the Tacho Universal until you can justify a new machine by increase of income.

I'm still using the original Dashfixer, its not completely up to date but that does'nt matter as I can use my Tacho Universal too. Granted, it cannot do many of the newer cars out of the box like the Dashfixer Pro or Engima. However, I have managed with it so far using other tools such as Rosfar etc. An example, I did a Porsche Cayman Dash and ECM (Km and Hours) and a 2008 Rexton (9s12) using the Tacho Universal, its not listed in the Tacho Universal but it does not matter as I have a programming and electronics background for over 20 years and know how to read HEX and just edit the data manually.

If however you are new to all this, then you will be limited to what the box will allow you.

Personally, I would not want to go with Dashfixer again and ready to buy a new Enigma this Summer, however thats just based on my past experience and no reflection on their new Dashfixer Pro.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi to all and thanks for the offers and advice.Unfortunately im having one of these bad weeks and my main scanner for my diagnostics has decided to pack in so im going to have to purchase a new one of these before i can get a decent mileage correction tool.Looks like im going to have to take the gamble on another Tacho universal clone and hope this time i get a working one..Out of curiosity if i purchase another tacho and i still cant get the job done is there anyone out there that would be willing to rectify the mileage for me if i send the cluster to them.Transit 2006 with a 24c16 chip....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Where in the UK are you ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im in Inverness,Highland.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you remove the Transit eeprom and state the mileage on it and what you want I will program for you and return it free of charge. All I ask in return is that you show appreciation and go VIP using some of the change from the job.
    Last edited by Twincharge; 16th March 2009 at 02:36 PM.