Classic book, but not sure how this will convert to the big screen...

So maybe aliens really have been to Earth? Paradox Entertainment has acquired screen rights Erich von Daniken's book "Chariots of the Gods". First published in 1968, the book explores evidence that different civilizations were visited by extraterrestrials. It has sold 68 million copies worldwide and also spawned a 1970 documentary. Paradox's Fredrik Malmberg and Mark Ordesky (former New Line exec who brought the Lord of the Rings to the big will produce the adaptation, although no writer or director has been announced just yet. The book's premise will be turned into a big budget science fiction feature.
In his book, von Daniken claims that many ancient civilizations were visited by aliens and even we were, potentially, descendants of these beings. He presents evidence such as an alien astronaut preserved in a pyramid, thousand-year-old spaceflight navigation charts, computer astronomy from Incan and Egyptian ruins, and even a giant spaceport discovered in the Andes. I'm actually excited by this news cause I'm imagining a combination of The Da Vinci Code and Signs, where as one individual begins to discover this evidence, the aliens begin to return again. That idea is already starting to creep me out.