Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Corsa SRI 1.4 04 plate

i have recently been having some troubles with a car i have just bought......

i bought the above car, a nice little corsa exclusiv (only 500 made) and the last 2 days it has briefly lost power when i have been excellerating - this has only happened twice on seperate journeys. this has only been for a split second and then it just continues to drive as normal afterwards, on my way home from work today when i got to some lights it completely cut out. i started back up and the engine management light came on, i pulled out of the road and then turned the car off - after 30 secs i turned it back on and the light had gone out and its back to normal??? i have noticed that now when i am stationary at times it can feel like it wants to cut out but it doesnt do this???

has anyone else had this problem or do you know what it could be? im going to get some stuff to put in the fuel tank incase there is a block but failing that i think it may be spark plugs as the problem seems to be with power????
    Frank Gallagher - quote: Where's your Mama gone? Where's your Mama gone?" Used to sing that to the kids when Monica fucked off, never a dry eye in the house, all shot off upstairs howling they did.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Corsa SRI 1.4 04 plate

Was it covered by any sort of warranty when you bought it or was it a private sale?

Thanks
    Karma Level

it was bought private o no luck with that one
    Frank Gallagher - quote: Where's your Mama gone? Where's your Mama gone?" Used to sing that to the kids when Monica fucked off, never a dry eye in the house, all shot off upstairs howling they did.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Has this had its re-call for the timing chain to be done? i used to have 1 of these and had to take it in as there was a re-call for the timing chains to be re-fitted. just a thought. contact your local dealer and theyll run the reg through to see if they have any outstanding recalls on it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it was taken in for the timing chain about 6 months ago but the previos owner paid £600 for this to be done!!! should this have been done for free then?

Thanks
    Karma Level

could be a crank or cam sensor on the way out ?

you really need to get it to somebody who can code read the ecu and have a better look

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go to the offical Corsa-C forums, they will prob help more. As thats the only car they know of

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wiggi28 View Post
    could be a crank or cam sensor on the way out ?

you really need to get it to somebody who can code read the ecu and have a better look

Sounds like a cam sensor to me too. Which wouldn't be too bad. Get it on the diagnostics. I had a cam sensor go twice on my Scooby many moons ago. I think they probably just gave it a clean the first time, and didn't actually replace it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like one (of the many) problems I had with my Vectra. Cam shaft sensor.
    However, my engine light stayed on until they replaced the sensor. £150 lighter.

Also had a problem with one of the breather pipes sucking up oil and fouling the idle air control valve, causing it to hesitate and stall on idle. Replaced the valve, and a mesh filter was fitted in the breather pipe. £150 lighter again.

They were dealer prices including diags and fitting, if you can do it yourself it would be cheaper obviously .
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Check all your breather and vacum pipes for the slightest of leaks could be a tiny air draw and this will cause the problems you are describing if not you really need to get someone to read the diagnostic fault code even if your light on the dash is off the fault code will be stored on the ecu.If not you could end up wasting a lot of time and money trying to find the fault.

Thanks
    Karma Level

wen engine management light comes on you can get the code but usein the wheel buttons you will be better goin on the corsa c forum i got my info there for mine i had a 3rd cylender missfire on mine and it ran like crap i had a 1.4 sxi twinport but ive give it mi bird n got a vtr