Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default F1 diffusers ARE legal.

Well, thank god that's over.
    The FIA panel has ruled in favour of the 'Diffuser 3', declaring them legal.
    I'm really pleased for the Brawn team and Button especially, that his results will stand and they have a big advantage over Ferrari. It's good to see the lower teams get a crack at the championship, makes it a lot more interesting as far as I'm concerned. That said, when it all comes down the the last lap of the last race like last season I suppose that's pretty exciting too!

Taken from here : http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/...tml?ocid=today

The FIA International Court of Appeal has ruled that the diffusers used by the cars of Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams are legal.

The long-awaited verdict confirms Jenson Button's Brawn car stays atop the world championship standings following wins in the season's first two races in Australia and Malaysia.

During an eight-hour hearing on Tuesday, Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull and BMW Sauber challenged the three teams in front of five ICA judges.

The FIA had initially ruled that the design of the aerodynamic device fitted to the back of the cars was in line with the sport's new technical regulations.

Ruling

However, a statement from the FIA after Wednesday's verdict read: "The FIA International Court of Appeal has decided to deny the appeals submitted against decisions numbered 16 to 24 taken by the Panel of the Stewards on March 26 at the Australian Grand Prix and counting towards the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship.

"Based on the arguments heard and evidence before it, the court concluded that the stewards were correct to find that the cars in question comply with the applicable regulations.

"Full reasons for this decision will be provided in due course."

The decision leaves Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams free to race in this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai, and ensures their seven rivals are left playing catch up.

Reaction

Toyota admitted after the appeal verdict that they had always had "every confidence" that the design of their car would be confirmed as legal.

"As we have maintained throughout, our team studied the wording of the new 2009 regulations in precise detail to ensure we interpreted them correctly," the team said in a statement.

"We also made full use of the consultation procedure with the FIA which was a helpful process to ensure our interpretation of the technical regulations was correct.

"Therefore we had every confidence that the design of our car would be confirmed as legal, firstly by race stewards in Australia and Malaysia and subsequently by the Court of Appeal."

Chairman and team principal Tadashi Yamashina added: "I was confident the Court of Appeal would reach this verdict and I am satisfied with it.

"This has been a challenging period for Formula One and I am pleased this issue is now in the past and we can focus on an exciting season on the track."
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: F1 diffusers ARE legal.

Good news for Button then, all hail the new F1 champ nice to have 2 young British drivers win it in a row eh

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It will be good to see Button doing well full stop he has been shit and out of luck for a long time now...!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

So the Court of Appeal has essentially decided the Championship. Oh, the romance of Formula 1!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The court of farces.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

buwahahahahaha.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It won't be long before the other teams have caught up! I wonder how many will have a difuser ready for this weekend?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

bet they have them ready now...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't remember which one it was report they could have one ready for China..... They can work quick enough if they want to. Problem is, this will be putting a hole in their budgets for the season.

I bet they (drivers) aren't screaming for the new points ruling on wins to still be implemented this season!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This is good news , but I fear within three F1 GP's , normal service will be resumed and we shall see Brawn struggling to repeat their victories.