Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default WII Connection thu 3G

Someone I know has asked me to try and connect a T-Mobile 3G Huawei via a laptop to a WII using a Wireless Ad-Hoc connection and ICS.

Is this at all possible? I've tried to do it. The WII finds the wireless ADHoc connection but fails to connect to it, even with security completely disabled.

I realise gaming over the 3G network is probably going to be dia, but I thought I'd leave that for them to find out themselves.

The way I see this, in theory it should work. But doesnt connect. After googling I've found some info that says it does work. But cannot for the life of me sort it.

Anyone able to shed some light!?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: WII Connection thu 3G

well ive used this via my ethernet cable from laptop to a 360. i assume its sort of the same process this is what ive done

When you put the dongle into the laptop and install the drivers(If it has them) it should create a new wireless connection under 'Show all Connections'. Mine come up as Wireless Connection 4 for whatever reason...

Then you simply go to 'Show all Connections' and right-click on the one you use to connect to the internet and them 'Properties'. On the Tabs, click 'advanced' and you'll see an options for 'Internet Connection Sharing'.

Tick the box that says 'Allow other users to connect through this computer's internet connection' and then select the wireless network your dongle represents from the drop down box that appears.

it took me a few times to get it but it does work for the 360 so i say its worth a try for the wii

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

bobo06 -
    That reply did make me giggle. Tried to google this problem too and also came up with that result from WiiTalk! http://www.wiitalk.co.uk/forums/178806-post7.html

Tried it, but it still didnt want to connect.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i typed it into google to see if i could help you as i dont have a wii. but that is the exactly what i done for the 360 and it worked. so to save me from typing it out i copyied and pasted it

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

For some reason the WII doesnt want to connect to the Wireless card in the laptop. Seems strange that it detects it, but for some reason wont play ball. I reckon it's probably something to do with the Nintendo USB Wireless Dongle they released.

Probably needs to be used instead... costing around £50. Cheeky sods.