Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Went to watch this friday afternoon, from start to finish this was an epic battle between the 2 sides with the Autobots fighting along side the humans trying to rid the Decepticons for good. The action is none stop the story is good and Megan fox looks even better what more can i say this is a must go and see it. You will be amazed by the effects which i thought would be the same as the first film but there better believe me. There is alot more humour and a little more swearing which i thought was good shows it's not just aimed at kids to sell action figures lol.

Go see it its worth it
    Last edited by Neo\nsc; 21st June 2009 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Why doesnt this get a 10? Because I thnk that when I watch it again, it will not be as good.

It takes more from the previous animated movie and does it in style. The fighting is slower and easier to watch, the story is pretty good also.

Foxy is awesome.

Im now going to book my tickets for the IMAX and watch the extended edition. I cant wait for the directors cut to come out on video, alot has been cut out.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

What a waste of 2+ hours of my life. I went in expecting the movie of the year, but all I got was a weak, predictable script.

The special effects are excellent, and it is funny in places, and Megan Fox lives up to her name, but aside from that I thought this was poor at best.

Whatever the two 'twin bots' complete with their street lingo and gold tooth were doing in that film is quite beyond me. They ruined it totally.

I gave it a 5 because the special effects are ace, but anyone who is expecting it to be as good as the first is likely to be disappointed in my opinion.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Went to Imax last night and agree, twin robots was a bit stupid. but overall an ace movie.

PS If you got Imax near you don't miss the opportunity!

Thanks
    Karma Level

thought the two robots where ace very funny "thats because your a pussy" to the cowardly kid lol the pictures i was in was roaring with laughter at lot of the film and it got a cheer at the end. i also like the fact it was more "adult" this time

not as good as the hangover but not far off what a summer so far this star trek and hangover

that wizard has big boots to fill

EDIT : I am 35 not that it really matters like i said a whole Packed cinema was laughing along with them people of all ages some a lot older then me! .
    the more i read reviews in here the more i think people don't just let them self be entertained at the pics any more and maybe should stick to watching the news
    Last edited by steve10574; 22nd June 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Definitely not as good as the first movie, but i don't know if that's because i was expecting the first one to be shit, and it wasn't, whereas i was expecting this to be awesome

The CGI was predictably jaw dropping, Megan Fox is still hot, Shia Le Beof was good and the new girl in it had an amazing arse

The fighting appears to have been slowed down, so even in the massive fights (and some of the fights are fucking huge) you can follow what's happening.

Now on to the bad bits. The film is just too long (about 1/2 an hour overplayed) which means it feels drawn out during the first hour. Once the action kicks in, the rest of the time flew by

There are some gaping holes in the logic in this one (for instance, if one character had thought for 5 minutes, they could have wrapped the film up about an hour earlier!). I wasn't expecting shakespear here, but a little thought wouldn't have hurt

There are too many new characters and robots, and most of them don't even get an introduction or an explanation, and they're there to either service one tiny part of the plot, or have no bearing on the film at all, which was annoying.

The 'english' voice cast was fucking atrocious. They decided that one of the robots needed to have an english accent, purely so they could get the words 'bugger' and 'bollocks' thrown into the film. It was fucking awful. Even more annoying was the fact that the voice in question was actually provided by a Yorkshireman, but (as one of my mates put it) sounded like Dick 'fucking' Van Dyk

Finally, and i'd be interested to know how old steve10574 is based on his comments, were the Twin Bots. They were hands down the most annoying film characters i've seen in some time. It was like Michael Bay watched The Phantom Menace before he made this and said to himself "I know where Lucas went wrong - more Jar Jar", so he added two of the cunts to this.

I'm looking forward to a fan edit of this, with those two completely stripped from the film, which shouldn't be difficult as they added absolutely nothing, didn't appear in any important scenes in a meaningful way and did absolutely fuck all apart from fight each other and "talk smack" for the WHOLE FUCKING FILM

Now i managed to ignore most of their shite during the film, so didn't completely ruin it for me, but i saw it with gunner (see his review above) and a couple of other mates, and they were seriously unimpressed, with the main reason being the Jar Jar Binks twins

In conclusion, if you're 15 and didn't grow up with Transformers, or you can completely take your brain out during a film (which i appear to be able to), or if you love effects films and only have a 15" telly at home, go and see this at the cinema, otherwise, save your money and watch it when it hits Sky HD
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.