Close

Thread: PSP Repair

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question PSP Repair

My psp's got an analogue problem, iv'e got the case off and while on the browser the arrow still goes straight down and to the right so i know it's not the joystick at fault! like i said iv'e got the case off so the warranty sticker's off (so no signing up to continous play) are there any ideas on how i ca repair it??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: PSP Repair

Piece of piss to do mate just whack the top cover off then the stick will be screwed to the cover

buy yourself this as long as it's a 1000 (fat) psp put that inside the top cover then put top cover back on and your all done

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

iv'e stripped down the psp to the motherboard (iv'e removed the lcd brace) and take out the rubber connector between the analogue stick and motherboard
    While i'd got it with the lcd brace and connector off i reconnected the screen and went to the browser and the arrow still went to the bottom of the screen! So basiclly i'd say it's fudged no?
    Last edited by littlebilly1; 22nd June 2009 at 09:44 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

How have you proved it's not the joystcik though? could easily be a broken internal contact in it shorting out and making it go permanently down. As Fanni said (assuming it's a fat PSP) try replacing the joystick £2.99 with free p+p has to be worth a punt - if it's a slim psp then just make sure you buy a slim psp joystick - there's tons of em on fleabay for under a fiver

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    How have you proved it's not the joystcik though?
    Because ive got the joystick off the case in my hand and it still goes straight so that kinda says to me it's not the joystick

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The springs that centre the joystick may be ok so it will appear to have normal movements - BUT there could be a problem with the internal switch contacts that are shorting out and making it think the stick is pressed down when it isn't - mechanically it appears ok, but electronically it could be broken - does that make more sense?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dealextreme also have psp parts if you need any.
    'Sausages! Hot sausages! Inna bun! Meat pies! Get them while they're hot!'
    ... Hole food! Hole food! Rat! Rat! Rat-onna-stick! Rat-in-a-bun! Get them while they're dead!'

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

iv'e got it booked in at a local repair shop on saturday (earliest they could take a look at it) Cuz it's doing my fookin coconut in trying to figure the bastard out unless someone on here reckons they could sort it and i would gladly pay!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Check previous posts for Continuous Play mate. £2.50 will get you a new PSP. It did for me a couple of weeks ago !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flik View Post
    Check previous posts for Continuous Play mate. £2.50 will get you a new PSP. It did for me a couple of weeks ago !
    but iv'e got it in bits just sitting on the shelf so meaning iv'e taken the warranty sticker so you're saying i can still sign up and get it replaced??

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There have already been several posts on here saying that continuous play has been stopped due to abuse - the continuousplay.co.uk website is currently showing this message :-

Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a fast, efficient and cost effective way to ensure that your experience with PlayStation 3 & PSP was as seamless and hassle free as possible. Unfortunately, some individuals have chosen to abuse this service and as a consequence we feel that we have no option but to suspend Continuous Play and postpone acceptance of new Continuous Play plans until further notice. We will of course honour existing customer's policies and look to amend the existing provision so that it is less vulnerable to exploitation. Sincere apologies
    PlayStation Team
    FWIW - if it was mine I'd purchase a new joystick module - seems to be a common fault and as you've already removed the joystick you should be able to fit the new one easily yourself and save at least the labour charges from the repair shop if it fixes it - if it doesn't fix it then you're only a few quid extra out of pocket

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    There have already been several posts on here saying that continuous play has been stopped due to abuse - the continuousplay.co.uk website is currently showing this message :-

FWIW - if it was mine I'd purchase a new joystick module - seems to be a common fault and as you've already removed the joystick you should be able to fit the new one easily yourself and save at least the labour charges from the repair shop if it fixes it - if it doesn't fix it then you're only a few quid extra out of pocket
    1st I'd heard about that. What CP should do is do a minimum 12 months contract. It would still be worth it to the consumer ! I must have just caught it before they stopped it !