Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Moon landing anniversary: 10 reasons the Apollo landings were 'faked'

I dont think they ever went to the moon and im guessing itll never leak out that they did not

Moon landing anniversary: 10 reasons the Apollo landings were 'faked'

Below is a list of ten of the most popular reasons given by conspiracy theorists who believe the Apollo Moon landings that began 40 years ago were faked.
    Spoiler:

Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong on July 20, 1969 Photo: AP
    Spoiler:

Buzz Aldrin on the moon on July 20, 1969 Photo: Science Photo Library
    Spoiler:

Buzz Aldrin on the moon on July 20, 1969 Photo: REUTERS
    Spoiler:

First man on the Moon Neil Armstrong Photo: NASA

1) When the astronauts are putting up the American flag it waves. There is no wind on the Moon.
    2) No stars are visible in the pictures taken by the Apollo astronauts from the surface of the Moon.
    3) No blast crater is visible in the pictures taken of the lunar landing module.
    4) The landing module weighed 17 tons and yet sat on top of the sand making no impression. Next to it astronauts’ footprints can be seen in the sand.
    5) The footprints in the fine lunar dust, with no moisture or atmosphere or strong gravity, are unexpectedly well preserved, as if made in wet sand.
    6) When the landing module took off from the Moon’s surface there is no visible flame from the rocket.
    7) If you speed up the film of the astronauts walking on the Moon’s surface they look like they were filmed on Earth and slowed down.
    8) The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt.
    9) The rocks brought back from the Moon are identical to rocks collected by scientific expeditions to Antarctica.
    10) All six Moon landings happened during the Nixon administration. No other national leader has claimed to have landed astronauts on the Moon, despite 40 years of rapid technological development.

What do you think? Were the Moon landings faked? What evidence is there to support or defend your view?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Moon landing anniversary: 10 reasons the Apollo landings were 'faked'

debunked on mythbusters sorry gotta say if the yanks never went then the russians would have been the first to tell the world they never got there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Moon landing anniversary: 10 reasons the Apollo landings were 'faked'

There were far too many people involved in the Apollo project for it to have been faked and covered up. With that many people involved you'd be very hard pressed to keep a secret that big.

MML
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

1) I would say it's waving due to zero gravity and just looks that way.
    2) Could be the same reason you don't see stars in London. Light from that big blue planet and poor camera capabilities in the 60s.
    3) Carbon from burning thrusters may well not be visible due to same reasons as 2)
    4) Who's to say there isn't more of the "feet" under the sand.
    5) If the dust was fine enough, like concrete, then they would stay like that a long time, especially with no gravity.
    6) See 2) and 3). Also flames are not always visible, doesn't mean they are not there.
    7) And if you speed them up more they look like they are in a Benny Hill sketch...
    8) Not sure about that... Depends on how much exposure they actually got and whether treated themselves while on the mission or back on Earth.
    9) Rocks are rocks. The moon was supposedly a piece of earth that broke off anyway, so that's not that surprising.
    10) Coincidence. Prob no other leader has pushed for space travel as much. Finances have been different since, and other things have had money and research done on them.

I just don't see why they would fake the moon landings, other than to make other countries mainly Russia think they have done something better than they did (Keeping up with the jones'). Personally to me the main reason they wouldn't is becuase they would know inevitatbly that at some point they would be found out. Now even the Yanks don't want to look like dicks even if it was years ago...

Besides I think they would have faked it a whole lot better if they were going to. They wouldn't leave such obvious things out, like no stars funny shadows etc.

One of the oldest conspiracies going, but I think they really did do go to the moon.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I watched it live on the TV and i have my doubts now. Questions like "Why would they have made such a bad job?" They had even more contempt for the general public than current Politicians. You really think they would be worried about future opinions if found out beyond their own tenure?? just look at the last ten years!!
    Remember, no internet, slower (much) communications meant a very much less informed public and they, the then "older" generation were used to accepting what they were told by Governments and in fact Professionals in general as the truth and did not question it.
    I was 16 at the time and really want it to be true but this is one of those conspiracy theories which just has a lot going for it.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

d j overdose how can zero gravity make a flag wave?? and saying that shadows form several directions with only one light source is something that they would not be silly enough to leave in does not explain it now does it?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    d j overdose how can zero gravity make a flag wave?? and saying that shadows form several directions with only one light source is something that they would not be silly enough to leave in does not explain it now does it?
    information

Information

On July 20, 1969, two Apollo 11 astronauts planted an American flag on the surface of the moon. The flag was a standard 3-foot-by-5-foot nylon flag that was altered by sewing a hem along the top. A telescoping crossbar, hinged to the flagpole, was extended through this hem so that when the flag was planted on the Moon, it would stand out instead of hanging limp against the flagpole (as it would normally do, since there is no wind on the Moon). When the flag was planted, astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had a little trouble getting the telescoping crossbar to extend to its full length, and so it ended up being a little shorter than it should have been. As a result, the flag was bunched up slightly and looked like it was actually "waving in the breeze."

"Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Where is this Zero gravity claim coming from? There is gravity on the moon, just that it's one qtr the density of earth so there is one qtr the gravity.
    I am declairing war!
    PS3: tawnyboy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tawny View Post
    Where is this Zero gravity claim coming from? There is gravity on the moon, just that it's one qtr the density of earth so there is one qtr the gravity.

Actually I think it is one sixth?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tawny View Post
    Watch from about 2:30 on, after an astronaut passing it the flag moves for some time as if in disturbed air, or maybe he moved the "ground" causing the pole to move but either way?!

YouTube - Apollo 15 flag waving

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been there. That's how I know...

To the "nitpickers"... lol; Maybe not zero gravity, less gravity then, but you surely get the point. Shit still moves in space, acceleration, friction and all that jazz. I'm no scientist, so I generalise. Also the shadow thing doesn't explain the picture, but I'm sure there is a reason other than being a poorly faked fuck up.

Anyway didn't they find some more photos in some fucks cupboard of the moon landing, that kind of tip the balance proving it was real. Sure I read they were supposed to release them soon...

DJ OD
    Last edited by DJ OD; 15th July 2009 at 10:42 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

My main concern is that I don't think the technology was available at the time to get us to the moon. I mean if we conquered moon landings back then with basic computer technology then we should be able to fly back and forth to the moon with ease today in view of the rapid development of our technology. The lunar module had a total computer memory of 72k ffs!

Just because loads of people were involved in the moon landings doesn't mean it couldn't have been faked. For all we know the astronauts were never in the space shuttle on take off. They could have gone into hiding while a staged transmission of the whole event was presented to the world and even to nasa itself, with only the guys at the top being in on the setup.

I read that nasa will be taking photos of the moon landing sites with their space probe soon. No doubt that will be considered fake too, and rightly so I suppose.
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's nothing to say they couldn't travel to the moon back and forth. Space shuttle missions were going up every 2 months back in the 90's. What is there to gain from constantly going to the moon?

Budget cuts and safety concerns put paid to a lot of NASA manned projects. Remember astronauts died in Appollo 1, why wasn't this covered up? Or are we suggesting that it was after this that they started faking the missions?

I believe they did land on the moon through a lot of hard work from many very intelligent people, through the bravery of some very good pilots and with a large slice of luck.

MML
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

1 sixth atmosphere is just like my local pub after they banned smoking

so why not get the hackers to get that Hubble eye glass to look at the moon for them footprints ??
    or even just use a good telescope from Earth cant tell me no one has thought of that in 40 years

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd say we haven't been back because it costs a shit load and there's fuck all worth going back up there for. It's a dead rock.

When that fuck off colider bollocks in Sweden gives us the power of black holes and super space time bending g-force uber lightspeed, then we'll go "exploring".

Until then, save the money for blowing up stuff.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have my doubts about it.. I dont think they did... I mean... look at the technology they had... If they did.. What an amazing feat given the resources...

Thanks
    Karma Level

The doubters should really watch the mythbusters episode, theres actual equipment on the Moon which NASA use daily (You'll see it right at the end of the episode) Allthe the theorys about moonwalking,shaows, zero-gravity are all replicated and dealt with.
    The cunts really did go to the moon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    I'd say we haven't been back because it costs a shit load and there's fuck all worth going back up there for. It's a dead rock.
    What about helium-3?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I am so not going to comment on any of these bullshit conspiracy theories of "they did not land on the moon"

I can call bullshit on everyone of those you have posted in your original post Mickey , but I wont waste my breath. It doesnt matter how much actual *proof* of a landing on the moon there is there will still be people in this world who just cant get it into their tiny little minds that it actually happend and they dont want to believe it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast