Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

crazy US smoker chokes on cost of habit

US smoker chokes on cost of habit

Josh Muszynski: 'I thought someone had bought Europe'

A man in the United States popped out to his local petrol station to buy a pack of cigarettes - only to find his card charged $23,148,855,308,184,500. That is $23 quadrillion (£14 quadrillion) - many times the US national debt.
    "I thought somebody had bought Europe with my credit card," said Josh Muszynski, from New Hampshire.
    He says his appeals to his bank first met with little understanding, though it eventually corrected the error.
    It also waived the usual $15 overdraft fee.
    "It was all back to normal," Mr Muszynski told his local television station, WMUR. "They reversed the negative balance fee, which was nice."
    Debt crisis
    His nightmare began when he checked his online bank account a few hours after buying the cigarettes.
    He thought he would be a couple of hundred dollars in the black. But his overdraft had pushed him into the red - by an amount equivalent to many times the entire US national debt.
    "It is a lot of money in the negative," he said. "Something I could never, ever, afford to pay back.

The 17-digit amount on his online bill shocked Mr Muszynski

"My children could not afford it, grandchildren, nothing like that."
    In panic, Mr Muszynski rushed back to the petrol station, but they were unable to help. He says he then spent two hours on the phone with the Bank of America.
    Eventually, it assured him it would be fixed - and the next morning, it had been.
    But no-one has yet explained to Mr Muszynski how such a astonishing error could have been made.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8152278.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: US smoker chokes on cost of habit

"My children could not afford it, grandchildren, nothing like that."

That is $23 quadrillion (£14 quadrillion) - many times the US national debt.

Obviously, if you even thought for one second on how you were going to pay this back via you, your children and your pops, then i think you would be in a position to rescue the world.

OF COURSE THEY COULDN'T AFFORD TO PAY IT BACK YOU FUKKIN NUMPTY. Should leave him in the red for saying that.