Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Should Alonso and Kimi be penalised ?

Kimi apparently his pit incident will looked into after the race.

Do you think he will be or should be bounced ?

Alonso who went out after losing a wheel ,should he also be bounced for continuing to drive for a good couple of miles even, though he was fully aware of the problem on leaving the pit lane ?

Surely he unecessarily put others in danger ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Should Alonso and Kimi be penalised ?

I think that once again the Ferrari International Assistance stewards should have penalised him in the same manner as they did at the last race with Webber, it just sends the wrong message throughout the sport. The FIA always tend to investigate Ferrari incidents after the race which is unnecessary.

In light of the events of the last two weekends I think Alonso should have been immediately black flagged when they realised the wheel was loose.
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stu99 View Post
    I think that once again the Ferrari International Assistance stewards should have penalised him in the same manner as they did at the last race with Webber, it just sends the wrong message throughout the sport. The FIA always tend to investigate Ferrari incidents after the race which is unnecessary.

In light of the events of the last two weekends I think Alonso should have been immediately black flagged when they realised the wheel was loose.
    When the BBC interviewed him he said he knew immediately on leaving the box of the pits.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    When the BBC interviewed him he said he knew immediately on leaving the box of the pits.
    Yeah you could see the vibrations straight away, however as a hungry racing driver with an eye on the podium there is no way he was going to make the decision to stop. I don't like him myself so his retirement was well deserved IMHO.

I don't know what if any penalty I could see being useful, it would really only serve to mentally punish the wheel man and lollipop man who appeared to release him a little early. Black Flag would have been the resolution IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

From a safety point of view, Alonso should have been black flagged. I have to admit I was concerned as to the destination of that wheel as it was bouncing down the track at whatever speed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    From a safety point of view, Alonso should have been black flagged. I have to admit I was concerned as to the destination of that wheel as it was bouncing down the track at whatever speed.
    Thats just it he should never have carried on knowing full well it could fly off at any momemt.

If the wheel had hit and killed someone he could have been up for manslaughter charges. A fully preventable accident if one had occurred.

If they let it go the others will be inclined to follow suite in the future and the risk will not have been eliminated.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Thats just it he should never have carried on knowing full well it could fly off at any momemt.

If the wheel had hit and killed someone he could have been up for manslaughter charges. A fully preventable accident if one had occurred.

If they let it go the others will be inclined to follow suite in the future and the risk will not have been eliminated.
    Not only that but with what happened last week in F2 with a wheel killing someone you'd have thought that they would have black flagged him instantly.

What happened with Kimi? I was half asleep when I heard Kimi will be investigated after the race.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post

What happened with Kimi? I was half asleep when I heard Kimi will be investigated after the race.
    He rubbed shoulders with Vettel off the start line. Vettel eventually retired with front left damage which was where Kimi nudged him.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stu99 View Post
    He rubbed shoulders with Vettel off the start line. Vettel eventually retired with front left damage which was where Kimi nudged him.

Yeah saw that but 4me2 was referring to a pit incident. Only incident I saw in the pits was when Red Bull released Mark Webber in his path.

Thanks
    Karma Level

that was the only one i saw as well, what did kimi do?

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive just read that renault are suspended from the next race. No word on ferrari yet.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

they should have known they'd be all over them for it, especially after surtees and massa, but i remember in france either last year or the year before a chunk of kimi's exhaust broke off and flew off the car, it was dangling and flapping around for ages before it shot off, and nothing was done then and he really should have been black flagged it wouldnt suprise me if they race under appeal,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Renault suspended from European GP

By Jonathan NobleSunday, July 26th 2009, 16:39 GMT

Renault has been suspended from the European Grand Prix for the events that led to a wheel coming off Fernando Alonso's car in Hungary today.
    Following a post-race discussion with the stewards, it was deemed that the team had breached the regulations enough for it to be suspended from the next event.
    It means Alonso will miss his home event that takes place in Valencia next month, unless he moves to another team.
    Alonso had been leading the race up until his stop, but his efforts came to nothing after his right front wheel was not fitted properly. It worked its way loose and flew off the car later that lap, ending up against the crash barriers.
    A statement issued by the stewards on Sunday night said that there had been multiple breaches of the regulations by the Renault team.
    Stewards talked to Renault representatives twice after the race.
    The statement said that Renault "knowingly released car no. 7 from the pitstop position without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position, this being an indication that the wheel itself may not have been properly secured."
    It added that Renault, "being aware of this, failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pitlane....failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances, even though the driver contacted the team by radio believing he had a puncture."
    It said that the team's actions had compromised safety in breach of Article 3.2 of the Sporting Regulations, and in breach of Article 23.1.i had released the car from the pits before it was safe to do so.
    Renault has been reminded of its right to appeal the decision.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77354

Thanks
    Karma Level

Renault appeals stewards' decision

By Jonathan NobleSunday, July 26th 2009, 17:03 GMT

Renault has confirmed that it will appeal the FIA's decision to ban the team from the European Grand Prix for the events that led to a wheel coming off Fernando Alonso's car in Hungary.
    The team lodged its paperwork and a deposit for the 6000 Euros fee for the appeal, with a hearing now likely take place in the summer break before the European GP on August 23.
    The paperwork, lodged in conjunction with the French motorsport federation, was signed by Renault's team manager Steve Nielsen and was received by the FIA's stewards' chairman Alan Donnelly shortly before 7pm.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77358

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Yeah saw that but 4me2 was referring to a pit incident. Only incident I saw in the pits was when Red Bull released Mark Webber in his path.
    You asked why Kimi was being investigated, the reason I gave to you is why he was being investigated - Nothing to do with the pits. It was Webber that had the pit incident.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

kimi was being investigated for the first corner, now i dont think u can penalise him because there were 3 cars side by side going for one position, if anything i think the 3 drivers involved (kimi/hamilton/alonson) did amaginly well not to cause a huge incident. and as for alonson there is no way he can be given a ban, from what they said on the commentary the plastic thing was not clipped on, so there would not have been a vibration initially, it was as the spinner thing spun around it loosened the wheel nut, which then caused the vibration which then resulted in the wheel coming off. once he is out of the pits and he could feel the vibration he would have though he can nurse the car around the track to make another pit stop, but he wouldnt have known how loose the wheel is until it came off. I think he did what every other driver on the track would have done in his position which is nurse the car home and try get some points, i mean if it wasnt for that pitstop he may have won the race as he was leading. i think the FIA were a bit too quick to ban renault from the next GP, i hope the decision does get over turned because it was good to see the best drivers now starting to get to the front of hte grid and catch the leading pack (kim/hamilton/alonso) i know many wont agree with me in here but thats what i would deem as being fair.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    kimi was being investigated for the first corner, now i dont think u can penalise him because there were 3 cars side by side going for one position, if anything i think the 3 drivers involved (kimi/hamilton/alonson) did amaginly well not to cause a huge incident. and as for alonson there is no way he can be given a ban, from what they said on the commentary the plastic thing was not clipped on, so there would not have been a vibration initially, it was as the spinner thing spun around it loosened the wheel nut, which then caused the vibration which then resulted in the wheel coming off. once he is out of the pits and he could feel the vibration he would have though he can nurse the car around the track to make another pit stop, but he wouldnt have known how loose the wheel is until it came off. I think he did what every other driver on the track would have done in his position which is nurse the car home and try get some points, i mean if it wasnt for that pitstop he may have won the race as he was leading. i think the FIA were a bit too quick to ban renault from the next GP, i hope the decision does get over turned because it was good to see the best drivers now starting to get to the front of hte grid and catch the leading pack (kim/hamilton/alonso) i know many wont agree with me in here but thats what i would deem as being fair.
    You obviously didn't hear him being interviewed on the BBC then where he openly bloody admitted he was fully aware of what the score was.