Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Serious Felipe Massa - Post crash Interview

Good to see him coherent and in high spirits but his head looks like a freak formation of mash potato!

BBC Sports

Massa leaves Brazilian hospital

Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

Massa's first interview since crash

Felipe Massa has been released from hospital in Brazil, with his personal physician saying the Ferrari driver had made "a remarkable recovery". Massa suffered serious injuries in a Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying crash on 25 July.
    The Brazilian, 28, flew to Sao Paulo on Monday to continue his rehabilitation and undergo further examination.
    "We did a series of in-depth tests and the outcome was very encouraging," said his doctor Dino Altmann.
    "Together with the hospital's medical staff, we decided it wouldn't be currently necessary to further intervene from a surgical point of view.

I want to get better and be back in the car driving. That's my life

Felipe Massa

"The best thing for him now is to go back home, where he can calmly convalesce and rehabilitate."
    Massa has expressed his determination and desire to get back to racing following the accident but he has also stated that he will not return too soon.
    "I'm very happy and in a good position to improve myself to eventually go back to the car, to drive," he stated after leaving the hospital in Budapest where doctors performed operations after he sustained injuries described as "life-threatening".
    In a statement he added: "We'll see how long this will take - but I hope it will be very quick."
    "It is important to be fully recovered before returning to the track."
    The accident occurred after a spring from Rubens Barrichello's Brawn GP car hit Massa's helmet.
    Massa was travelling at more than 160mph when the spring hit him but pressure on the brakes reduced his speed to about 60mph when he hit the tyre wall.
    "I want to get better, get in better shape and be back in the car driving. That's my life, so that's the only thing I want to get back in my life at the moment," commented Massa.
    Talking about the incident, which happened during the second Saturday qualifying session, Massa revealed: "I don't remember anything.
    Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

Massa's crash explained (UK users only)

"I just remember when I spoke to Rob Smedley, my race engineer. He asked me: 'Do you remember Rubens in qualifying two?' I said: 'No. I don't remember my Q2. I remember being behind Rubens but then I don't remember anything else anymore'.
    "Maybe I was there but I was not doing anything. So it was a very strange feeling but that's my dream now.
    "It's difficult to explain what happened. Everyone knows what happened but for me it's a little bit more difficult to explain."
    Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher has been brought out of Formula 1 retirement by Ferrari to compete in Massa's place and will have the first race of his comeback in the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.

Last edited by 4me2; 7th August 2009 at 07:37 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Felipe Massa - Post crash Interview

Fuck me m8 where you been?? Nice to see you back!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

good to see him back

lucky boy though

Thanks
    Karma Level

yer, deffo good to see him back, very lucky boy indeed.