Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Job Interview Questions Help

I have got a job interview coming up for an analysts job within our company. Working days and better pay and more exposure to the real world so i am really gunning for this job. Just a few questions which always flump me wanted some of your ideas.

1)Describe a situation in which you had to work under pressure, what was the cause, how did you feel and what impact did it have on your work

2) describe a situation at work when something was causing you yo feel negative, what caused these feelings and what was your approach to your work at the time and impact on other colleagues

3) tell me about a time you have been especially motivated, how does it show, what stronly motivates you to work hard and what demotivates you

They seem pretty straight forward questions but when leading up to an interview you always have 2nd thoughts on how to approach certain questions hence the above

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Job Interview Questions Help

HOW DID IT GO,
    be healthy be happy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    1)Describe a situation in which you had to work under pressure, what was the cause, how did you feel and what impact did it have on your work

2) describe a situation at work when something was causing you yo feel negative, what caused these feelings and what was your approach to your work at the time and impact on other colleagues

3) tell me about a time you have been especially motivated, how does it show, what stronly motivates you to work hard and what demotivates you
    Hi Nikki,
    I'm assuming that you've had the interview already but here's my answers in case you haven't or in case you need it for the future.

1) - this is a very personal question but something along the lines of "working to tight deadlines", is always a good option/answer here.

2) - Negativity can be a good thing, it motivates people to work harder. I would answer this in a way that would put the negativity on something someone else has done, which was not right and you had to make it right perhaps.
    "You felt negative when approaching the task as the situation seemed overwhealming but you tackled the situation and reaped the rewards"..... that sort of thing.

3) - satisfaction is always a good response to motivation. Say "you feel motivated when you feel satisfied in your position, you like a challenge and this motivates you"

All of the above are my personal responses and it all depends on the type of person you are, but these have helped me.

Good luck.
    Tommy J

Big is not always better.... Take Fat people for example.

Push down Taps, you know it makes sense. Wash Them.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Last month I was interviewing for an analyst in my place, if you want a copy of the questions I used let me know and I'll send them over - it was thanks to some folks on here.

Guy we took on is ace.

Hope you got on alright.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always use the STAR system to reply to questions and ALWAYS end with a POSITIVE outcome.

Tip

Tip

STAR Interviewing Response Technique for Success in Behavioral Job Interviews

One strategy for preparing for behavioral interviews is to use the STAR Technique, as outlined below. (This technique is often referred to as the SAR and PAR techniques as well.)
    Read up on the technique, and then try it out with our list of sample behavioral interview questions. Read one SAR Story.
    Situation or Task
    Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand. This situation can be from a previous job, from a volunteer experience, or any relevant event.Action you tookDescribe the action you took and be sure to keep the focus on you. Even if you are discussing a group project or effort, describe what you did -- not the efforts of the team. Don't tell what you might do, tell what you did.Results you achievedWhat happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you learn?

http://www.quintcareers.com/STAR_interviewing.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know what they are looking for as I have never been on that side of the table.

However, using my head I am guessing this is what they are looking for:

1) They wanna see you you won't crack under pressure.
    2) They wanna see a muppet they can take the piss out of who won't strike back.
    3) I'm not 100% sure on this one.

My honest responses would be:

1) Every day in my job is very high pressure. I like it as it keeps me on my toes and stops me from gettting complacent.

2) I have ended up with very short ends of sticks a few times. Where possible I have raised the issue with who I have reported to and done whatever I can to help introduce new methods of working that increase productivity whilst eliminating or at least reducing the root of the negativity.

3) Again every day in my job I am very motivated. I personally think if I'm not giving it my 100%, it's not worth me being there. I have had jobs where I have had to manage my own very heavy workloads which would only be possible with the approach I mentioned.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Last month I was interviewing for an analyst in my place, if you want a copy of the questions I used let me know and I'll send them over - it was thanks to some folks on here.

Guy we took on is ace.

Hope you got on alright.
    It would be interesting to see what answers you would find acceptable and the no nos

jag

I'm not racist i hate everybody