Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Need help finding a holiday to Crete.

I've been trawling the trillions of websites, but am very wary about these 'deal holiday' websites.

Ultimately, I'm after a well deserved break to Malia for 2. Sounds easy enough to find, but dont trust my instincts with these sites. Can any recommend a reputable site that they have used to get a decent holiday and enjoyed it.

Plus, if anyone has been to Malia - perhaps a half decent hotel they could recommend?

I'm hoping to leave on 27th September for 2 weeks. Date is flexible by 2 days and can go up to about £350 per person. I left it late to try to get a decent deal.

Any suggestions?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Need help finding a holiday to Crete.

Anyone able to suggest a site thats easy and straight forward?
    Searching for this is giving me a serious headache now!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Places such as First Choice & Thompson are reliable companies....

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Some nice holidays to Malia with these from Gatwick
    www.monstertravel.co.uk http://www.monstertravel.co.uk/fusio...ultkey=default
    I used them 3 weeks ago to go Turkey, they were dead cheap and had no probs what so ever.
    Hope you have a good trip

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thomascook.com has loads as well, starting from the 29th for 14 nights.
    Cheapest -
    Average per person £199.95
    Total holiday price £399.90

They are selfcatering ones, but for £350 per person you get a hotel which is close to the beach, shops, has a pool, your own balcony etc.

I'm just back from Crete, we stayed very close to Chania. I rented a car a drove to Heraklion (Knossos) and must say that Heraklion seems messy. Chania is quite nice, and big enough to cater for a lot of activities (shopping for gf/wife).

Have a gret trip, I thought Crete was actually quite nice, except of course the traffic or driving is mad, but you very quickly get into it. Example, speed limit on the road was 90kph, I overtook a policecar at 120 kph with my rented Peugeot, no problems, they even moved to give me room
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Give a freind of mine a call, full ABTA and ATOL.
    She is called Rebecca 01706 710278 see if she can come up with anything for you, everyone gets the same holidays its all abut the travel agent knowing whats available and who sells what and at what prices. Rebecca has been doing it for a good few years and knows what she is doing. I booked my holiday with her and I work in travel agencies so have lots of options for where to book my holidays.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cronus71 View Post
    thomascook.com has loads as well, starting from the 29th for 14 nights.
    Cheapest -
    Average per person £199.95
    Total holiday price £399.90

They are selfcatering ones, but for £350 per person you get a hotel which is close to the beach, shops, has a pool, your own balcony etc.

I'm just back from Crete, we stayed very close to Chania. I rented a car a drove to Heraklion (Knossos) and must say that Heraklion seems messy. Chania is quite nice, and big enough to cater for a lot of activities (shopping for gf/wife).

Have a gret trip, I thought Crete was actually quite nice, except of course the traffic or driving is mad, but you very quickly get into it. Example, speed limit on the road was 90kph, I overtook a policecar at 120 kph with my rented Peugeot, no problems, they even moved to give me room
    Have to admit, didnt see these first time round (havent been on holiday for a while and NEVER searched online before!), thanks for the tip! Will look into these today.

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    Give a freind of mine a call, full ABTA and ATOL.
    She is called Rebecca 01706 710278 see if she can come up with anything for you, everyone gets the same holidays its all abut the travel agent knowing whats available and who sells what and at what prices. Rebecca has been doing it for a good few years and knows what she is doing. I booked my holiday with her and I work in travel agencies so have lots of options for where to book my holidays.
    Thanks Little John, rung Rebecca today, she's gonna see what she can come up with and is getting back to me this afternoon.

Thanks for your help guys. Been searching (sort of!) for a few weeks now and now have to get this booked. Will let you al know the outcome.

Much appreciated. Well deserved (and hopefully enjoyable) holiday coming my way FINALLY!