Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fifa 10 - Virtual Pro DF Club

I know there's still just over a month left before the game is released but we're definitely creating a new club aren't we? I've been reading up on the new Virtual Pro mode and it seems really good and will add a load extra to the club side of the game.

* Virtual Pro is basically where you create yourself in the game and you play as yourself in ALL game modes. You can also create a Virtual Pro Club.

* You upload your picture(s) to easportsfootball.com and then download your Game Face in the game. You can't see your opponents Game Faces, but you can see all your Club members faces so it'll be pretty cool seeing each of us celebrating when we score As well as having our club name on the scoreboard and our own player names during gameplay.

* If one of us select ANY your player is still placed on the pitch but his stats will only improve with what he does (not if you perform well in defence as any but your Virtual Pro striker plays shit). Also the club is limited to 1 ANY player for each match.

* You cant create a 6'7" striker with 99 stats. Stats are based on the position you choose (eg strikers will not be as good at tackling) as well as other things. There will not be an extreme amount of difference between a newly created player (they start at 70) and someone who's spent a fair amount of time with their created Pro player either.

* Players stats are improved on how well they play during the game. Also if you have good form, your stats will improve on a match by match basis. It takes time to improve a fair bit, so I doubt everyone will have decent stats within a week. I also heard if you have a bad match your XP will go down. Stats are increased through the accomplishments (see below) and moral (play well your stats increase)

* There are 200 accomplishments in the Virtual Pro game. These are in 3 catagories: Attribute Upgrades (defence, shooting etc), Traits & Celebrations and Kit Accessories. These can be unlocked by achieving in all game modes (even in the arena) eg Juggling the ball in the arena unlocks new skill moves. Traits include the Rory Delap super long throw.

* If you use 10 human players for your Virtual Pro Club, you'll receive more XP/stat bonus than if you use 3 or 4 players. EA are trying to encourage more 10 vs 10 games. I also read that if you have less than 10 players, the generic players are about the same statwise than how your Virtual Pro started so not the best...

* If your Virtual Pro is a striker and you want a few games at centre back, you can change your position and build at any time.

* Something called Boosts can be bought using MS points and from the PS Store. These boosts will let you have better finishing, passing, crossing etc. They will not let you become faster or stronger. They only last between 1 - 20 matches and are only a 5 - 10 point increase on your stats.

* The Club leaderboards are now split into 11 regions (as well as a world ranking). A season lasts one month and at the end of the month the rankings are reset.

* We can now search for and challenge other clubs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fifa 10 - Virtual Pro DF Club

Sounds promising! Sure the usuals will be up for it

Thanks
    Karma Level

yep you can definitely count me in

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm in

Thanks
    Karma Level

now im all FIFA 10 horny

if we did do another team it would have to be the best 5 from DF, i cant stand loosing another year

maybe start out with a league and see what happens? i guess its upto you guys?

would be good to have a A team and B team?
    Last edited by Fearless; 26th August 2009 at 03:54 PM.
    [live=W4RH34D]W4RH34D[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm not really a normal since i'm only startin this week but i'd be up for it as well
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    now im all FIFA 10 horny

if we did do another team it would have to be the best 5 from DF, i cant stand loosing another year

maybe start out with a league and see what happens? i guess its upto you guys?

would be good to have a A team and B team?
    me and you then

Seriously I think its a good idea to have the A team and B team, but if there's bonuses for playing in a 10, maybe we can go back to those days? Again, I'm happy to play a regular central defensive role - I do strongly feel that the defence needs to be a solid partnership like there is now, so if it is 10 people it would be nice if maybe we had two regular central defenders who can learn to play together - but at the worst, if I play there every week (or someone!) I can marshall the others

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe we could have a few goes in the normal Club games like this year to get people used to positions. Then once we get a feel for it, stick to those positions for our Virtual Pro Club? The positions aren't concrete anyway so after a week or 2 if people want to change they can..

I think it will be better having 10 people as there's incentives too and some of the accomplishments you need 10 players on your team as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now I'm getting excited about it too... So much so that I'm going to start a drive of playing onlive vs games on 09 till it comes out. Who knows, I may even improve
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm up for it too, the virtual mode sounds wicked! cant wait.

agree with the comment on doing some 10 vs to get us used to playing in a team, then maybe set people up with positions etc...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Maybe we could have a few goes in the normal Club games like this year to get people used to positions. Then once we get a feel for it, stick to those positions for our Virtual Pro Club? The positions aren't concrete anyway so after a week or 2 if people want to change they can..
    Yeah it got a bit boring always being in the same position, but I'll take one for the team and always play CB in the 10vs mode

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    Now I'm getting excited about it too... So much so that I'm going to start a drive of playing onlive vs games on 09 till it comes out. Who knows, I may even improve
    you and me both m8

Thanks
    Karma Level

If we're talking about bagging positions then ill take defensive/central midfield. let you guys have the glory and ill just be the stop gap!