Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default New York March 2010

So looking to treat the wife to a few nights in New York as she is 30 this year, March next year as thats when she can next get time off to go. Basically looking at advice on flights, accomadation and anything else to make a special few days in New York with time for her to shop of course lol..

No ideas on price but would prefer as reasonable as possible but not in some dive hotel lol....

Also book now or nearer the time, is it best to book way in advance or better deals nearer the time ?

Cheers all...
     iPhone 6 baby...
     iMac 24", 2.4Ghz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
     Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 4GB RAM

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New York March 2010

Hello,

you can find a lot of info in these threads

http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...highlight=york
    http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...highlight=york

We were there in February and it was really cold, so be prepared for that
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

We ahve used Expedia in our last two trips to NYC, and stayed at the Radisson Lexington. Its location is absolutely superb. 5 mins walk from Rockefeller, about 7 mins from Broadway/Times Square and less than 3 mins to a mainline tube station. The hotel itself is quite nice, the rooms are well furnished and have lcd tv, and a pillowtop bed. They are a little on the smaller side, but lets face it, you don't spend much time in your room in NYC. Another one I'm looking at booking this time round is the Hilton Garden Inn TimesSquare. Its very reasonable and tripadvisor says its one of the top ten in manhattan!

I love talking about New York, so any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away. I'm looking at going back myself in March, the weather will be a bit chilly, but its ideal for the amount of walking you'll do.

Oh, and look to fly on a saturday. Its cheaper on Expedia!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    We ahve used Expedia in our last two trips to NYC, and stayed at the Radisson Lexington. Its location is absolutely superb. 5 mins walk from Rockefeller, about 7 mins from Broadway/Times Square and less than 3 mins to a mainline tube station. The hotel itself is quite nice, the rooms are well furnished and have lcd tv, and a pillowtop bed. They are a little on the smaller side, but lets face it, you don't spend much time in your room in NYC. Another one I'm looking at booking this time round is the Hilton Garden Inn TimesSquare. Its very reasonable and tripadvisor says its one of the top ten in manhattan!

I love talking about New York, so any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away. I'm looking at going back myself in March, the weather will be a bit chilly, but its ideal for the amount of walking you'll do.

Oh, and look to fly on a saturday. Its cheaper on Expedia!

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay ? I am looking at wife and I 3 or 4 nights... hotel and flights...
     iPhone 6 baby...
     iMac 24", 2.4Ghz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
     Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 4GB RAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi guys me and the g/f are looking at booking march for 5 nights just now let me know how you get on...Rob

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im only a couple of hours from NY (going there this weekend actually)

Flights: First I always suggest to look at lastminute.com and set dates to flexible - that will give you the best rates / airlines tied to a particular date. Then use expedia / travelocity / airline site to get the best deal. FYI using the USA .COM sites you will get a better price than the .CO.UK sites.

I've stayed in all the major hotels (Plaza, Waldorf Astoria & Essex House) and out the of the 3 the best was Essex House on Central Park South. Amazing Views. The Plaza was over rated and over expensive for what it was - and the Waldorf was very nice but a bit over priced. Those are your expensive options (5+ Star)

if you want affordable luxury then the Radisson Lexington is a great recommendation but there is also the Sheraton on 7th Av which is superb. Do not go below 4 star they will be a shit hole (in my experience).

ANYTHING you need just drop me a line - I have many friends in NY and I visit there a lot myself too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ohh my god she just found the waldorf astoria now....pmsl 770 each with ba for 5 nights?
    personally i want a better airline i'm 6ft 4...Rob

Thanks
    Karma Level

BA sucks ass.

Also depends where you are flying from - but best deals are BMI/United and US Airways. You can get a cheap on-the-day upgrade to Premium Economy (about $140) or full on business class ($480)

Thanks
    Karma Level

would be heathrow rap as i'm in mk all the airlines suck from the review,virgin standard seat are real small..lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Continental have always been very good for us from Manchester flying into Newark. Plenty of legroom and nice seats, touchscreen tvs in the headrests and lots of tv and films to choose from, also as much soft drink as you like, and nice meals. We've paid about £650 both times for 5 nights at the Radisson, and its just over the road from the Waldorf Astoria, the location is ideal for getting round to places. The Hilton Garden Inn at Times Square gets rave reviews and thats £630 on expedia last time I checked.