On a recent holiday i started reading up about companies that basically allow you to raise money for charity and they facilitate the whole 'event'. I.e one company i have seen fly you out to Africa and over 11 days you get to trek to the top of Kilimanjaro....

You are set a minimum sponsor amount and the company liaise with your chosen charity to ensure its all above board, first one i have found say around £3400 to cover flight costs, medical costs and accommodation and then your charity donation is taken out of this too... i think from this one company means around £1500-£2000 to pay for the event and whatever you get over that amount (so £1400 if you only get the minimum amount) goes to the charity. They run yearly events so the next one is September 2010.

Just was wondering, had anyone done one similar? Anyone recommend any good companies that don't take all the money etc.. Also would you say raising £3000 is achievable in a year by normal means.. i.e one person - is there a way to approach businesses ??

Thanks for the info, quite keen to do something like this even if its not Kilimanjaro..