Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Peugeot 406 bsi location

Hi to all you helpfull dudes.I have another problem that needs assistance.Today a customer brought his peugeot 406...2002 reg in for me to rectify his mileage.I went through all the diagrammes i have and the closest match i can find to his cluster is the vdo model except the vdo has a crystal in clear view and the one im trying to rectify does not have a crystal that i can see plus the prossessor is at a different angle on the board so not sure what cluster i have,I followed the instruction on how to do the vdo model and it seemed to work ok and i double checked and it was what i wanted.When i put it back in the car it jamp streight back to the original mileage so i went back to trying to find a solution.From what i can now see is i need to adjust the mileage in the bsi unit first which im quite happy to do but the only problem is i cant find the bsi unit.Its suppose to be under the steering wheel near left foot when sitting in the car but i cant find it.I have pulled another 406 to bits to see if i can locate it but still no joy.Has anyone else had this problem or no where exactly the bsi unit is...Thanks....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Peugeot 406 bsi location

the bsi is the fusebox, just above the accelerator pedal, makes sure you have good connection to eeprom and a good copy as immobiliser data is stored in the bsi
    Mike

Im not bitter, Im a red

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Peugeot 406 bsi location

It's been a while, but I swear my bsi was behind the glove box near the wing, along with alarm/immob, couple of other units, and the notoroious 1929sj speedo interface - all were held on to one plastic mounting with screws or clips - iirc, I removed the cloth and the flap of the glovebox then got my head in the footwell with my legs by the ceiling get to it.

However, mine was a d8 v6 coupe.