Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanker Ecclestone warns Silverstone over deal

Ecclestone warns Silverstone over deal

By Jon NobleSaturday, October 24th 2009, 11:28 GMT

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has warned that he is not prepared to offer Silverstone a cut-price deal for the British Grand Prix just to guarantee the race a future.
    With Donington Park's plans for the British GP close to failure, with the track having until midday on Monday to get its finances sorted, Silverstone has already opened talks with Ecclestone about a contract.
    However, as AUTOSPORT revealed on Friday, the terms that have been offered to Silverstone are similar to those that the track rejected 18 months ago as commercially unviable.
    That means that unless Ecclestone is willing to compromise on the finances, the race may not happen.
    And Ecclestone told the Daily Express that it was not vital that the British GP was on the calendar in 2010.
    "Silverstone have a contract in front of them," he said. "We've no commercial arrangement in place for a British Grand Prix for next year. That is why the race has an asterisk beside it on the 2010 calendar.
    "If they can't make it work then don't do it. If that happens, there won't be a British Grand Prix. Simple as that.
    "No-one is forcing them to take it. This is business. We have offered them a deal."
    When asked if Silverstone could expect a discount just to keep the British GP on the calendar, Ecclestone said: "The contract they have is the contract we like. We are not prepared to charge less. Do we need a British Grand Prix? No.
    "I want a British Grand Prix, of course, but we are not going to do special rates for Britain."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79728
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ecclestone warns Silverstone over deal

Two British Champions in a row and Ecclescunt is prepared to fuck off the British Grand Prix, cuuuuuuuuunt!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

total and utter....

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm afraid that he does have a point - if he offers a discount for the British circuit, he has to discount other countries.

donington and silverstone have had enough notice - if they cant pull their fingers out and get there venues up to scratch within the reasonable timeframe that the FIA set then they dont deserve to host the F1 race, if that means that britain looses the F1 race then so be it.
    i will be pissed off it it turns out that way, but not with ecclestone - i'll be pissed off with the lazy fuckers at donington and silverstone

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Donnington was never a goer and Ecclestone has been pressuring Silverston fpr years, if not over car parks then something else. Personally I would like it at Brands Hatch!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Donnington was never a goer and Ecclestone has been pressuring Silverston fpr years, if not over car parks then something else. Personally I would like it at Brands Hatch!
    Me too as its only a few mins drive away from me.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If we don't have a British Gp then that's spark the end of F1 for us. The tea,s will all fcuk off to Europe and elsewhere to save money.

Also voting in that reject tosser from the FIA/Ferrari team to replace Ecclestone's side kick is just stupid.
    Stu.... :-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I went to Silverstone recently for 2 events. We parked in a flat tarmacked carpark one time and the other time in a fucking muddy field on a slope. Luckily it was sunny, if it was raining I doubt we'd have got the car out.

I was impressed that Silverstone had actually done some work, the stands at Luffield corner actually had tiered seating something they didn't have at my last visit. The toilets were propper buildings and not portacabins like they had been in previous visits.

Brands Hatch is a good circuit for racing although from what I've the facilities still need work. I haven't been there for a few 2 years so couldn't comment on how it is now. I'd love to see it there as I hate the first sector at Silverstone and the last sector of Brands hatch is amazing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He really is a tit.

I wouldn't mind it at Brands, means I can stay with my Aunty for the weekend. Or they should close the M25 and use that, means they will have to resurface it.